Is there any traders here who trade anything other than forex? - page 2

TIMisthebest:
are you going to use arbitrage ? if....

Of course not - I did it for myself :)

but if ... not too ...

I would like to trade more... but my new strategy goes through backtesting and my current broker has CFD only on forex and commodities. All other instruments work as futures so they expire and close position to many time,and also I don't have backtesting results. 

This is a really good post.

Any idea on my considerations?

I've noticed more and more MT4 brokers adding index instruments, very few offer equities, does anyone know of any brokers that offer a good selection of equity cfds on an mt4/5 account?

I only trade forex because is the leverage that I will not have when trading shares.

Rosiman:

I would like to trade more... but my new strategy goes through backtesting and my current broker has CFD only on forex and commodities. All other instruments work as futures so they expire and close position to many time,and also I don't have backtesting results. 

This is a really good post.

Any idea on my considerations?

Can you explain, in some words, how CFD differs from Forex for trading ?

AlexHutchinson:

I've noticed more and more MT4 brokers adding index instruments, very few offer equities, does anyone know of any brokers that offer a good selection of equity cfds on an mt4/5 account?

Unfortunately we can't talk about brokers on the forum. But I someone want to send you a pm there is no problem.

I trade anything that moves. Even bitcoin and stocks.

Candles:
I only trade forex because is the leverage that I will not have when trading shares.
Shares yield :-) I love trading stocks and enjoying yield in the meantime. If I can lock into a free ride, I usually keep them for cashflow purposes.

I used to trade stocks for 7 years in a row until i met forex.

I'd be willing to get back to stocks but my broker is limited to its online platform only, eliminating all kind of flexibility. It's a great broker and i'm not planning on dropping it. I wish they implement MT5.

For forex i use a different broker with MT support and other trading platforms.

Yes, forex, Gold, oil and futures.
Reason: