Creating optimization Report file

Dear Coders

Do you have any idea how can i create a report file when my expert is in optimization mode???

i dont want to use the optimization report that mt4 creates, Im really hang on this :-(

plz help

kimitrio:

Dear Coders

Do you have any idea how can i create a report file when my expert is in optimization mode???

i dont want to use the optimization report that mt4 creates, Im really hang on this :-(

plz help

Please take a look at this -> Articles -> Tester -> How to Evaluate the Expert Testing Results.

The article has the source code for creating the Report file. You can add it to your expert, just make sure that the code in charge of writing to file does not overwrite (otherwise u would only get the result of the last pass - all other pass's results will be overwritten).

Thank you very much..

Best regards, i will take a look at it,..

Forgot to mention, this code is a bit old... The code for calculating drawdown is different in current MT4 version. This code calculates drawdown based on closed positions only, current version calculates drawdown based on actual equity in each tick. So that part of the code needs to be fixed (I have done it in the past and have it somewhere... let me know if u want this piece of code, I can look for it...).

gordon:

Forgot to mention, this code is a bit old... The code for calculating drawdown is different in current MT4 version. This code calculates drawdown based on closed positions only, current version calculates drawdown based on actual equity in each tick. So that part of the code needs to be fixed (I have done it in the past and have it somewhere... let me know if u want this piece of code, I can look for it...).

thanks bro, you're right, Drawdown is always 0 with this calculation, do you have any idea or some ready code for sorting report ...etc

my EA works great if i always optimize it for the current condition of market, i have add some auto calculating based on the trend to my ea, but im looking for some way to optimize it automaticaly ;-), or something like that, anyway thanks for sharing

kimitrio:

thanks bro, you're right, Drawdown is always 0 with this calculation...

Not really, it's not zero, it's just inaccurate and differs from the report u would get with current MT4 version. Maybe u didn't implement the code properly...

do you have any idea or some ready code for sorting report ...etc

Not sure what u mean? U want to have the report sorted? In what way?

looking for some way to optimize it automaticaly

I'm not sure if this is what u mean, but have a look at this -> Articles -> Tester-> Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading

i found this but it's russian, https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/122872

is there any one can help me?

Reason: