i dont get a pop up alert window

This is probably a basic question but I cant find the anwer on the site or in help files anywhere. I am running windows xp and version 4 build 225.

I dont get a pop up window alert on my alerts. What am I missing? I do get an audible alert and a message in the terminal

under experts, but I am not seeing the pop up window. Can someone help? Thanks.

Hi

Have a look on the common tab of the input parameter of the EA. May be the "ENABLE ALERT" is disable ?

If you are running multiple monitors it could be appearing on one that you're not looking at. CB

Matutin wrote >>

Hi

Have a look on the common tab of the input parameter of the EA. May be the "ENABLE ALERT" is disable ?

If i right click on chart, then click on expert advisors everything is greyed out. on other charts if i right click on the indicator and click on common, there isnt anything that says enable alert to see if enabled or disabled. My pop up window used to work but not i am not seeing it.

cloudbreaker wrote >>
If you are running multiple monitors it could be appearing on one that you're not looking at. CB

Hey CB, I am running multiple monitors, I have rearranged them. However, doesnt the pop up window remain inside the mt4 platform? If i stretch the platform across the multiple monitors, shouldnt the pop

up window remain inside the program? Its not showing up anywhere. I hope someone can help me figure this out. I want that window...it used to work. Not sure where I hid it...lol.

I've seen situations where the login panel from a MT4 instance pops up on a completely different monitor.

CB

I figured it out with some help. Thanks to everyone who helped. What you do is go to the mt4 platform on your hard drive. Dont open the program with the shortcut but go to your C drive or whichever hard drive. Find your MT4 platform which is usually under program files for most people. Open config folder. Then find the terminal and open it. You will see lots of lines of information, be careful about what you change. Then

remove AlertWindowLeft, AlertWindowTop, AlertWindowRight, AlertWindowBottom lines

then close it, it will ask if you want to save changes...click yes. Thats it. When you open your platform with the shortcut, now it will appear where you can see it. Thanks everyone. Hope this helps

anyone else who may need this.

platradr:

I figured it out with some help. Thanks to everyone who helped. What you do is go to the mt4 platform on your hard drive. Dont open the program with the shortcut but go to your C drive or whichever hard drive. Find your MT4 platform which is usually under program files for most people. Open config folder. Then find the terminal and open it. You will see lots of lines of information, be careful about what you change. Then

remove AlertWindowLeft, AlertWindowTop, AlertWindowRight, AlertWindowBottom lines

then close it, it will ask if you want to save changes...click yes. Thats it. When you open your platform with the shortcut, now it will appear where you can see it. Thanks everyone. Hope this helps

anyone else who may need this.

Thank you for the above

I did exactly as instructed, logged out and in again and the Popup window still does not appear. I did not log out of my platform before removing the lines, but here is exactly what I did:

My Computer> C Drive> Program Files>FXCMPlatform>Config>Terminal.ini I removed the 4 lines as described (left the blank spaces) > clicked OK>yes and rebooted the platform.

No luck! No Popup.

Went back in and removed the blank lines >ok>yes Rebooted again no luck.

I have now inserted the 4 lines again restoring config to the original condition.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

fxarcher:

Thank you for the above

I did exactly as instructed, logged out and in again and the Popup window still does not appear. I did not log out of my platform before removing the lines, but here is exactly what I did:

My Computer> C Drive> Program Files>FXCMPlatform>Config>Terminal.ini I removed the 4 lines as described (left the blank spaces) > clicked OK>yes and rebooted the platform.

No luck! No Popup.

Went back in and removed the blank lines >ok>yes Rebooted again no luck.

I have now inserted the 4 lines again restoring config to the original condition.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Hi All

I think I answered my own question. I needed to log out of the platform before making the changes. I think it is working now. Wanted to let you know ASAP before anyone wasted their time.

Thanks again for the above

Don't install in C:\Program Files on Vista/Win7

I dont get a pop up window alert on my alerts

Don't get alerts in the tester, they are under the journal tab.

fxarcher:

Hi All

I think I answered my own question. I needed to log out of the platform before making the changes. I think it is working now. Wanted to let you know ASAP before anyone wasted their time.

Thanks again for the above

Thank you and everybody else! This fix also solved my frustrating problem!
Reason: