How do you disable your EA on high impact news?

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone knows how to do this, just bought an EA and the author advised this, not sure how though. 

There are various options ...

• Disable auto-trading globally for all EAs by clicking the Auto-Trading button on the toolbar.
  • Disable auto-trading for that EA only by disabling the "Allow live trading" in the EA's properties dialogue box in the "Common" section.
  • Remove the EA from the chart entirely.

Fernando Carreiro #: There are various options ...
  • Disable auto-trading globally for all EAs by clicking the Auto-Trading button on the toolbar.
  • Disable auto-trading for that EA only by disabling the "Allow live trading" in the EA's properties dialogue box in the "Common" section.
  • Remove the EA from the chart entirely.

Hi Fernando, I don't want to disable auto-trading, I want to disable the bot on high impact news were the instructions.

Thanks,

SG_TRADING #: Hi Fernando, I don't want to disable auto-trading, I want to disable the bot on high impact news were the instructions. Thanks,

Is that not the same thing?

If the EA does not have any automated way to do it, then you have to disable it manually as I have described.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is that not the same thing?

If the EA does not have any automated way to do it, then you have to disable it manually as I have described.

I see, Ill follow your advice, maybe I read you wrong. I thought you meant disable it all together.

SG_TRADING #: I see, Ill follow your advice, maybe I read you wrong. I thought you meant disable it all together.

Yes, that is exactly what I am stating — you do have to disable it if the EA does not offer any other way to manage it during news events.

Ask the seller for support if you are unsure.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, that is exactly what I am stating — you do have to disable it if the EA does not offer any other way to manage it during news events.

Ask the seller for support if you are unsure.

This might sound a bit weird, but do you think I could give you the bot and see if it works with you? The seller is blanking me and taking forever to come back with a resolution.

SG_TRADING #: This might sound a bit weird, but do you think I could give you the bot and see if it works with you? The seller is blanking me and taking forever to come back with a resolution.

Unless it is a 3rd party product, Market products (bought here on this site in the Market section), only work on the computer you have activated on, and only under your MQL5 community account.

It would serve no purpose to give it to me for testing if that is the case.

If the Market seller is not giving you the necessary support, then lodge a complaint or contact the Service Desk.

We can't do much for you here on the forum because discussing specific products is prohibited in the forum. Only generalised non-specific discussions about products are allowed.

SG_TRADING #: I see, Ill follow your advice, maybe I read you wrong. I thought you meant disable it all together.

By the way, when I stated that you should disable it, I meant during the interval of time the news event takes place.

You would then enable it again once the impact of the event is over.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Unless it is a 3rd party product, Market products (bought here on this site in the Market section), only work on the computer you have activated on, and only under your MQL5 community account.

It would serve no purpose to give it to me for testing if that is the case.

If the Market seller is not giving you the necessary support, then lodge a complaint or contact the Service Desk.

We can't do much for you here on the forum because discussing specific products is prohibited in the forum. Only generalised non-specific discussions about products are allowed.

I see, I bought it direct from the seller, its not from the market on here. 

Fernando Carreiro #:

By the way, when I stated that you should disable it, I meant during the interval of time the news event takes place.

You would then enable it again once the impact of the event is over.

I see, I thought this was an automotive setting on MT4...makes sense now. Just turn it off manually, got it. lol 
Reason: