Coding ea quesiton? combination of several indicators

Ok I guess this is a stupid question but I'm still new to coding and want to know

if it is possible to combine more than one indicator to set up an ea?

ie I use one indicator for primary signal and 2 other ones for confirmation.

The bottom line is you can do what ever you want in an EA. Many people are using tens of indicators some to get in others to get out. If your indicator can give a value to the EA you can call it and use it. Try everything first and only worry about whether it can be done if it doesn't work :)

Ruptor:

The bottom line is you can do what ever you want in an EA. Many people are using tens of indicators some to get in others to get out. If your indicator can give a value to the EA you can call it and use it. Try everything first and only worry about whether it can be done if it doesn't work :)

That sounds great! This also leads to another question if you don't mind?...

So just to verify, the code for a separate indicator doesn't have to be in the ea itself and can be called?

Thanks!!!

england33 wrote >>

That sounds great! This also leads to another question if you don't mind?...

So just to verify, the code for a separate indicator doesn't have to be in the ea itself and can be called?

Thanks!!!

Open the files section of the navigator window of your MetaEditor. Now click on the indicators "file".

The result will be a list of the indicators that you can use (call) in MetaEditor. If you click on any of the indicators listed there you will see an explanation of how to use it with an example.

If the indicator that you want to use is not in the list, it is a custom indicator. You can call it with the iCustom function. Do a search for it in the navigator to see how to use it.

Good Luck.

whocares

whocares:

Open the files section of the navigator window of your MetaEditor. Now click on the indicators "file".

The result will be a list of the indicators that you can use (call) in MetaEditor. If you click on any of the indicators listed there you will see an explanation of how to use it with an example.

If the indicator that you want to use is not in the list, it is a custom indicator. You can call it with the iCustom function. Do a search for it in the navigator to see how to use it.

Good Luck.

whocares

iCustom function... Thank you very much for information. Sounds so simple but for me being new I would not know this.

I can see there's a lot I have to learn.

Thank you my friends!!!

Reason: