Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 29

It would be nice to add one usefull feature in the MT charts. If I place object into 1 hour chart, for examle trendline ... and stick trendline boundaries to high,low or close of 1 hour candlestick than after switching to 1 min chart these boundaries is not stick to the point i previously intend. It must be always corrected manually. Thanks for the hearing.

After updating to build 222, MACD Sampel EA compiles with 0 errors and 0 warnings. I get this experts log entry and MACD Sample EA is removed from chart.
2009.11.17 10:44:41 MACD Sample (EURUSD,M15) Error MACD indicator init

When releasing new builds, sample EA, indicators, scripts and etc should be compatiable with changes to any #include files.

Any idea when the strategy tester will be added?

Is it possible to somehow return pointer by a function like this

double * function();

function in C, C++ does?

And if I'm writing dynamic library (.dll) in C++, do I still need to follow the same rules as for MT4? Or will there be more than one way how to create external libraries?

in MT4, if we move the cursor on top of an indicator, a small msg will appear, in the below example its about "copyright ....."

Kindly add it in MT5.

Any chance to add "Sharpe Ratio" in the detailed report ?

Loading Bitmap images onto charts is a great addition, but lack of other image formats may become frustrating in the future. BMP format is a logical choice, although restrictive because it is static and non-transparent. If at least one or two more formats are added then the graphic capabilities are increased dramatically.

• GIF format provides both animation and transparency, although limited to 256 colors. Therefore certain events could trigger an animated GIF image to appear, eg. an animated buy or sell arrow. Also has no background because of transparency.

• PNG format offers tranparency with the full 24 bit colour palette, which is why it is the preferred format for icon designs. No animation capabilites. MNG is animated PNG format but not widely supported.

Personally i think GIF provides the most versatility as an image format. Flash integration would be great too but would probably stretch the deadline too far :)

Well thats my two cents spent, best of luck with MT5!

If the DDE is gone then what can be used in its place? I just spent the past year and a half to develop a trading idea and now no DDE.

thanks

David

DavidStanton:

If the DDE is gone then what can be used in its place? I just spent the past year and a half to develop a trading idea and now no DDE.

thanks

David

Totally agree, gif format needs to be added and supported .....

Also, it would be nice if you could "trade from the screen" like you can in GFT's 360..... and by that i mean you can drag and move the stop line which would change the trade values... any plans on this?

Reason: