Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 34

Jellybean wrote >>

See Stringo's previous answer. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/121011/page11

Jellybean

I've seen that. We've also been told, in this thread, that there would be a DLL comgin w/ MT5 to "replace" DDE functionality.

Rosh:

Unfortunately, there is a mistake, the name of our trade platform is MetaTrader 4 not Metatrader. Can you fix it?

Fixed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetaTrader_4

Dear pipalot,

Well, actually Rosh and the rest MetaQuotes know better.

There already an article on WikiPedia about MetaQuotes but in Russian. Please visit Welcome to MQL5.com! to read and join/subscribe the conversation. I'm suggesting MQL4 moderators to invite all MQL4 members to write on WikiPedia - no respond yet from MQl4 moderators though .

Here's the link of Google translated article about MetaQuotes on Russian WikiPedia.

1. MetaQuotes,

2. MetaTrader4,

3. MQL4,

4. MQL4 Program.

Can you add the Wiki's English version with that, please.

Thank you.

A little bit abt trendline usage

When trendline is not a ray, u can increase and decrease trendline length from left and right side by dragging its beginning and end points while pressing Shift key. In other words, when drawing trendlines pressing Shift key keeps the angle of a trendline the same and only changes its length

very useful :-)

onewithzachy:

Dear pipalot,

Well, actually Rosh and the rest MetaQuotes know better.

There already an article on WikiPedia about MetaQuotes but in Russian. Please visit Welcome to MQL5.com! to read and join/subscribe the conversation. I'm suggesting MQL4 moderators to invite all MQL4 members to write on WikiPedia - no respond yet from MQl4 moderators though .

Here's the link of Google translated article about MetaQuotes on Russian WikiPedia.

1. MetaQuotes,

2. MetaTrader4,

3. MQL4,

4. MQL4 Program.

Can you add the Wiki's English version with that, please.

Thank you.

Thank you very much, but it might be a problem if such topic will be created and filled by us (as you know Wiki don't allow to post just one subjective viewpoint - it could be marked as spam and deleted).

If you think that Wiki pages about Metaquotes/MetaTrader are really necessary, you can do it yourself.

It is not just a straightforward copy and paste, text has to be translated separately and rebuilt in wiki markup language.

The following is done, but with no logo file available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetaTrader_4

Maybe it will be easier for you to finish them yourself on the English wiki site? Maybe if I am the only one who posts on it then it will be deleted by Wikipedia.

From now on lets just post any wikipedia discussion here:

https://forum.mql4.com/27685/page2

and please rename / re-organize that thread since the title is wrong.

Regards,

Pipalot

ability to close chat window with a little "x" on tabs. as well as documents in editor

pipalot:

It is not just a straightforward copy and paste, text has to be translated separately and rebuilt in wiki markup language.

The following is done, but with no logo file available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetaTrader_4

Maybe it will be easier for you to finish them yourself on the English wiki site? Maybe if I am the only one who posts on it then it will be deleted by Wikipedia.

From now on lets just post any wikipedia discussion here:

https://forum.mql4.com/27685/page2

and please rename / re-organize that thread since the title is wrong.

Regards,

Pipalot

Dear pipalot...

Wow, pipalot, you're a mighty fast. Yesterday after I wrote my last post here, at no time already you provide a complete English version. Either you fast typer or your computer can read your mind :).

Well, that's the idea : we all write on Wiki.

That's why I'm writing on Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! (this topic/thread you are reading now), because this topics so far has 339 replies - and hopefully a lot of MQL4 members subscribe to this topics - so they also get an update on the Wikis.

I don't think WikiPedia will delete that, anyway.

Current Vertical scale scales the charts only moving cursor down and only "decreases" the charts. I suggest ability to "increase" the scale moving cursor to up as well

"You can send your bug reports and suggestions by email or publish them in this topic"

However, 2 things that I was hoping that would become a part of the MT5 where

1) PROBLEM 1 Drawing trendlines (descending or ascending)..... .....I was hoping that if you drew them on the 4 hour chart (from high to high), that it would automatically draw them high to high on the 5 minute chart. 4 hour chart might have the first high point at 16:00 at 1.6505, however the real high occurred at 17:45 at 1.6505 on the 5 minute chart.

Hence trendlines do not presently adjust to the high within the 4 hour bar that the trendline starting time was placed, they stick to the 4 hour starting time only.

Q) Will Metaquotes be fixing this fault for the main MT5 release?

2) PROBLEM 2 Timezone Dependency of Server. Some people like to trade off NY midnight, NY open, NY close, London midnight, London open, London close, GMT midnight charts or close of business wednesday. Plus there is also the difference between summer time (used by traders) and standard time (used by servers)... So at the moment even if I use one timezone only I still need to be able to change timezone due to traders changing timezone (winter time to summer time). Hence my questions...

Q) Will the platforms timezone be made adjustable???

If not...

Q) Will metaquotes be providing indicators that normally require timezone adjustment???? (4 hourly, daily, weekly, monthly pivot points (and their variations) plus others)

OR

Q) Will the forex MT4 to MT5 community need to make these timezone dependent indicators ourselves???

Not meaning to be rude, but at the moment it seems that everything is about:

FIFO / NFA compliance in the USA... What about the rest of the world?

OR programming execution speed..... ......What about standard manual trading with common things like I listed above?

Reason: