Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 21

phampton wrote >>

giorgenio - the mq5 file is written into the same files folder that you copied the mq4 file into.

KONNICHIWA Keiji - thanks for producing a useful conversion tool. I imagine that it will normally need quite a bit of extra work to get the converted EA working properly, but it will help greatly with the hackwork of translating all the functions

KONNICHIWA phampton - I am glad if everybody can easily convert EA.However, I think it may be difficult because of the position management. Thank you.

KONNICHIWA giorgenio - The explanation of how to use is short, and I'm sorry^^;

ver5.(fixed OnDeinit function)

1.copy this file(mq4to5rewrite_sample_v5) of script in ..\experts\scripts

2.save mq4 files you want to convert in ..\experts\files

3.open MT4 and excute this script (any chart is all right)

4.input the file name you want to convert at Value of MQL4FileName(don't have to add ".mq4")

5.input file type of the file with an integer at value of FileType (0:Indicator, 1:EA, 2:Script)

6.click "ok"

After you get the message "Complete rewriting!",you can find the converted file in ...\exterts\files

dotzoo:
I dont think I can trade forex anymore even I like it, THANX TO THOSE BLIND LAW MAKERS, THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. begining DEC we will no longer have 1:200 leverage instead there will be 1:2 leverage. SO IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MT5 I SUGGEST YOU THINK TWICE.

DOTZOO....The aren't "blind"....they are DEAF, DUMB and BLIND..... Thank God these idiots ARE only in the US....Leverage on the majors will be limited 1:100 ....exotics 1:25

Good Job .. I hope MT5 will be work fine,,No any bug :)

Jellybean:

For MetaQuotes

I suggest consistent terminology when refering to trades and deals in the English User Guide.

The section Trading / Common Priciples defines Order, Trade and Position very well, but then the user guide talks about Deals. It took me some time to realise that deal and trade are the same. I suggest the term "deal" for less confusion because some people will think of trade as a complete entry and exit from the market.

Cheers

Jellybean

Thank you. Trades are corrected as well as the "View" menu in Status bar section.

Yes sure, you can post here your suggestions or create a new topic for them. + We enabled the "Tickets" section at your profile. You can write your request directly to us using it. I think the latter variant would be the best.

Lenar:

Today the public testing of the MetaTrader 5 client terminal starts. All of you now can participate in it. If you want to become the testing participant, just download the terminal and test it. You can send your bug reports and suggestions by email or publish them in this topic.

For the testing period, the client terminal is offered with the English interface. If you have any difficulties, please refer to the built in Help, which is also in English.

You can download MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal by the following link: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe (15Mb)

We thank you in advance for your contribution in testing the MetaTrader 5 terminal!

Plans for MetaTrader 5 Testing

1. The platform testing will take about 5-6 months.
  2. This will be a step-by-step testing. New possibilities will be added at each step. During the first testing stage that starts today, the client terminal will work only with Forex. Further we will add CFD, Futures, equities and options.
  3. The current terminal version is offered without a strategy tester. It will be included at next steps.
  4. From November, 2009, we open the testing of back-office components of the platform in brokerage companies.

We do our best to offer you the maximally stable product, that's why the testing process has a multi-step structure. We want to thoroughly check everything before we offer the platform to our clients.

Best regards,
MetaQuotes Software Corp.

When will stock trading will be integrated with MT5 and released for testing? Any ETA?

Help MQL5 was updated.

• Added new functions: SymbolInfoTick () and ZeroMemory ();
  • Added new structure MqlTick;
  • Add the enumeration ENUM_FILE_POSITION;
  • Added new properties
    * DEAL_MAGIC
    * DEAL_COMMENT
    * POSITION_MAGIC
    * POSITION_COMMENT;

• Changed the property ORDER_EXPERT on the one ORDER_MAGIC;
  • Changed the field in the structure MqlTradeRequest: expert => magic;
  • Added description of the function OnTrade ();
  • Added new error codes

Elliott wave stuff: corrective waves are not only ABC but ABCDE as well (triangles), and also X-waves (abc-x-abc) for complex corrections (and xx-waves for triple corrections also). It would be nice if the length of the corrective waves was settable (properties, select whether it's an abc or abcde wave as well as an additional checkbox if it should conclude with an x-wave - so for example select 'abcde' and check the 'x' wave checkbox would give 6 points abcdex, select 'abc' and not check 'x' wave would give 3 points abc)

Rosh wrote >>
Help MQL5 was updated.

• Added new functions: SymbolInfoTick () and ZeroMemory ();
  • Added new structure MqlTick;
  • Add the enumeration ENUM_FILE_POSITION;
  • Added new properties
    * DEAL_MAGIC
    * DEAL_COMMENT
    * POSITION_MAGIC
    * POSITION_COMMENT;

• Changed the property ORDER_EXPERT on the one ORDER_MAGIC;
  • Changed the field in the structure MqlTradeRequest: expert => magic;
  • Added description of the function OnTrade ();
  • Added new error codes

HelpPage contains some Russian.

So I had translated with google.

maximillion:
Elliott wave stuff: corrective waves are not only ABC but ABCDE as well (triangles), and also X-waves (abc-x-abc) for complex corrections (and xx-waves for triple corrections also). It would be nice if the length of the corrective waves was settable (properties, select whether it's an abc or abcde wave as well as an additional checkbox if it should conclude with an x-wave - so for example select 'abcde' and check the 'x' wave checkbox would give 6 points abcdex, select 'abc' and not check 'x' wave would give 3 points abc)

There are w, y, and z waves as well as x wave in wave nomenclature. The new mt5 elliott wave tools are usable but really very poor for elliottwave analysis, in my opinion :-)

for MetaEditor5:

I think that nobody uses the Cut, Copy and Paste buttons on the toolbar. It's enough to have this features as menu items for selection, i think. Styler button to go to toolbar by default instead.

Remove Debugging tab in Tools->Options... window. And add selectbox component to debugging toolbar as "Debugging configuration" to make "debug configs". This would be better than this tab in options window i think

I noticed that we have List Functions button. It's good but it would be good to list not only functions and methods but variables, constants, classes, class members and etc., too. Better would be to have this feature in separate window and with tree component. This would be pretty good

It would be good to make our own code styles for the Styler. So want it. :-)

keiji wrote >>

KONNICHIWA phampton - I am glad if everybody can easily convert EA.However, I think it may be difficult because of the position management. Thank you.

KONNICHIWA giorgenio - The explanation of how to use is short, and I'm sorry^^;

ver5.(fixed OnDeinit function)

1.copy this file(mq4to5rewrite_sample_v5) of script in ..\experts\scripts

2.save mq4 files you want to convert in ..\experts\files

3.open MT4 and excute this script (any chart is all right)

4.input the file name you want to convert at Value of MQL4FileName(don't have to add ".mq4")

5.input file type of the file with an integer at value of FileType (0:Indicator, 1:EA, 2:Script)

6.click "ok"

After you get the message "Complete rewriting!",you can find the converted file in ...\exterts\files

Hi keiji,

really appreciated your quick replay and explanations, I tested it and it worked fine, great great job. I have now to test the translated files on MT5 and let you know, I don't have a PC here with MT5.

You helped me very much and made a big favour to all the non-programmer community to have the possibility to partecipate to the MT5 beta testing.

Are you interested in developing an EA? I chcked your website and I am sorry that I don't undersand Japanese even if it looks very nice to see all those signs (probably this is the first impression you had when you approached english); I am new in this field and I would like to know if you like challanges; I am quite prepared with regards to trading and I am a good tester and idea maker; I am on a system that for the moment in realtime demo and backtesting is promising a lot (I am thinking to jump with real money soon, on the next "wave") now I would like to try to see it on an EA to make my life a bit easier for the backtesting and see also in the realtime demo how it behaves when there is no human interaction. More than that I would like to see if there is a way to improve it and make it even more efficient. I believe that we would have to write it in mq4 as MT5 is not yet ready with the strategy tester (correct me if I am wrong).

What do you think? If anyone else wants to jump in is more than welcome!!!

Keiji, thanks very much again and continue with your great job.

Ciao

G.enio

Switzerland

Reason: