Data Quality

I have a quick question and hope someone can help me out.

If I test from 01/01/95 to 01/01/04 and in my results the data quality is 60% does this mean that only 60% of my testing period has price data for all time frames i.e. PERIOD_M1 to PERIOD_MN1 while the 40% has only price data from PERIOD_D1 and above?

Are you using tick by tick option?

I am using open prices only
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants - Documentation on MQL5

ssn:
I am using open prices only
So, double check the data quality after a tick by tick test (take care, this will be slow for your long period, so consider the possibility of a small period test), and probably it will reach the 100% value, since you will really use all market data.

My question is what does quality percent mean?

ssn:
See the documentation.

ssn:
"History Quality — this value characterizes the quality of price data used for testing. It is determined as a percentage ratio of correct and incorrect minute data. Incorrect minute bars are the ones having zero spread, or volume 1 when OHLC values are different. History gaps are also considered as incorrect data. Depending on size, the period of testing is divided into 1 — 199 intervals. Then the history quality is determined for each of them separately. The time intervals are shown on the graphical indicator of the history quality (the lighter tint of green means the better quality, the red color represents intervals with the quality lower than 50%)."
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Web Colors
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Web Colors
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Web Colors - Documentation on MQL5

Thanks for the replies so if am not using M1 price data I should not read much into the history quality

ssn:
Thanks for the replies so if am not using M1 price data I should not read much into the history quality
You are using M1 data even if you don't want to . . .  all other timeframes in MT5 are generated from the M1 data.

Price data prior to '99 has no M1 data. I think it is only daily OHLC prices.

ssn:
Price data prior to '99 has no M1 data. I think it is only daily OHLC prices.
This is why you obtain a poor 'History quality'
Reason: