2'000 => 400'000k in six months!

Well, easy said. ive been developing EA for over two months now.. I had many EA, all based on different indicators, different variations etc..

But then I decided to create my own very simple EA working on very simply algorithm..

Not gonna describe the results, check the pictures and tell me what you think?

Its only backtest, but i think its at least worth of $100 real account for forward testing..

As always, any comments are more then welcome because thanks to you guys and your ideas, comments and tips I was able to develop something like that.. Thank you!!

This one is the optimized with money management..

And here is the simple 0.1 lot so you can see better the performance and the statistics..

Hi, I will test your EA, in demo and live account, and share the results, if you want.

You can send it to: emphase@gmx.net.

I am not interested in buying. Thank you

Its only backtest, but i think its at least worth of $100 real account for forward testing..

I guess if you've been doing this for two months, by now you should know 2 things:

1) you can't optimize the future

2) backtesting on any data different from tick-by-tick data logged from the broker you're going to trade with is useless

=> those $100 are better spent on a good trading book describing proper system developpement methodology,

than on yet another soon-to-be-erradicated trading account.

Hi Jirimac

It is always worth a punt but be warned my last EA that didn't lose on backtest cost me 10 bucks on forward testing in one day and I was only running a 10 Cent stake. on back test it showed 5% DD but on forward test it was up to 15% so I stopped it. So I would recommend using 1 cent and pray. You never know it might work then you can bump up the stake and get rich.

Ruptor, just wondering, what broker do you use to allow you to trade this very small amounts if you dont mind telling me?

Here is a backtest from 2005 till now.. I think it shows a steady income, right?

Hi Jirimac

I use Interbank & Alpari UK micro accoounts but you could trade another broker like Oanda using a mouse program or a custom prog that reads a text file from MT4. On your tests I notice relative DD is 68% that sounds painful. On the last graph in particular there seem to be 5 or 6 places where all the profit is made and in between the profit gradually decreases. You need to investigate the bad areas and improve them that's the only suggestion I can make at this time.

Thanks Ruptor! I will check out those brokers and see if that would work for me.

About the drawdown, that's because i maxed up the lot size to go for maximum possible profit.. Of course reducing the lot size would decrease the DD value..

It depends on how much im willing to risk i guess..

The smaller the account value, the bigger risk im willing to take.. Lets say if im to try it on 500 dollar account i dont mind 50% DD in return for say 200k.. But if have account with 50k i wouldnt go for more then 10% DD..

jirimac:

Well, easy said. ive been developing EA for over two months now.. I had many EA, all based on different indicators, different variations etc..

But then I decided to create my own very simple EA working on very simply algorithm..

Not gonna describe the results, check the pictures and tell me what you think?

As always, any comments are more then welcome because thanks to you guys and your ideas, comments and tips I was able to develop something like that.. Thank you!!

And here is the simple 0.1 lot so you can see better the performance and the statistics..

Hello, 

First thanks to share your EA, i will be happy if i could test it, please send it to me : mfs100000@hotmail.com

Hello, 

First thanks to share your EA, i will be happy if i could test it, please send it to me : mfs100000@hotmail.com

MrH i think youre a bit pessimistic about it, lol.

My idea about buy a trading book is, that those authors who wrote it couldn't make a real profit in the market so they decided to write a book about it to make money that way. Most of the theories in the book are very theoretical and usually dont work in the real word.. If you want to make a successful trading system, you cant follow those systems which only work in theoretical environment but develop your own based on the current market..

Reason: