multimonitor

Hi! I've just got my Mt4 demo account. I've got 3 monitors. Is there any way to put different charts on them? /time periods, pairs, etc/ Deno

Deno:
Hi! I've just got my Mt4 demo account. I've got 3 monitors. Is there any way to put different charts on them? /time periods, pairs, etc/ Deno

Best would be to enlarge your desktop to span on all 3 monitors. Then expand MT window on all 3 monitors and place the charts you like...

Deno:

Yep, pretty much as economist mentioned.

We use 4 monitors. Just change the display settings in MS Windows to expand the desktop to all 3 monitors.

Then install multiple copies of the MT platform in multiple directories.

Launch each instance and drag/maximize/snap it to the monitor you wish.

In each instance you can open multiple charts, then use the 'window' menu to tile them as you wish.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Yep, pretty much as economist mentioned.

We use 4 monitors. Just change the display settings in MS Windows to expand the desktop to all 3 monitors.

Then install multiple copies of the MT platform in multiple directories.

Launch each instance and drag/maximize/snap it to the monitor you wish.

In each instance you can open multiple charts, then use the 'window' menu to tile them as you wish.

CB

Thanks. Some more questions.

- how to " install multiple copies of the MT platform in multiple directories" ?

- after I close MT, a single web page will stretched all over my monitors ?

- There's no " detach" here? Even basic stock trading charts have this option, hard to imagine MT does not have it.

take care, and thanks for your time again, Deno

Deno:

Thanks. Some more questions.

- how to " install multiple copies of the MT platform in multiple directories" ?

- There's no " detach" here? Even basic stock trading charts have this option, hard to imagine MT does not have it.

take care, and thanks for your time again, Deno

Simply make duplicate copies of the MT directory and optionally set up desktop shortcuts pointing to terminal.exe in each of the directories.

What you do after you close MT is no concern of mine matey.

MT allows you to arrange chart windows however you want within the terminal window. I've never found that I needed more flexibility than that in the multi-monitor setup; the reason being that I need to run multiple trading accounts - which in turn dictates multiple instances of MT.

cloudbreaker:

Simply make duplicate copies of the MT directory and optionally set up desktop shortcuts pointing to terminal.exe in each of the directories.

What you do after you close MT is no concern of mine matey.

MT allows you to arrange chart windows however you want within the terminal window. I've never found that I needed more flexibility than that in the multi-monitor setup; the reason being that I need to run multiple trading accounts - which in turn dictates multiple instances of MT.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Deno

Deno:

Thanks, I'll look into it. Deno

Well it looks like the guys at Metaquotes just don't like detached charts.

I am currently days away from releasing a beta version of an addin that will detach charts on both mt4 and mt5, pm me if you are interested in beta testing it.

Reason: