How to detach charts in MT4?

Guys, wondering if its possible at all to detach charts in MT 4. It seems like they can not be taken out of the right hand side pane. I have 2 monitors and I wanted to spread charts around. possible to achieve?

Regards

syedks:
Guys, wondering if its possible at all to detach charts in MT 4. It seems like they can not be taken out of the right hand side pane. I have 2 monitors and I wanted to spread charts around. possible to achieve? Regards

MT4 can't be detached ..but you can try using virtual desk top Virtual Desktop, Virtual Desktop Managers - Software review

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

syedks:
Guys, wondering if its possible at all to detach charts in MT 4. It seems like they can not be taken out of the right hand side pane. I have 2 monitors and I wanted to spread charts around. possible to achieve? Regards

Just stretch your entire MT4 platform across the two monitors. Then you can move the charts inside of it all around etc. This is what i've done with my 3 monitors.

drgoodvibe:
Just stretch your entire MT4 platform across the two monitors. Then you can move the charts inside of it all around etc. This is what i've done with my 3 monitors.

Be carefull with this method ! Once I have put the "Alert" window on a second monitor. After some time, I didn't have that second monitor anymore but the Alert window still was out of my screen and I became unable to click on it or to move it back .... a nightmare !

You can always have another MT4 platform open. Simply change the names of the desktop shortcut, then when you install another platform use a different name. This way you can have a platform on each monitor. I don't know what the limitations of this method are, but I have no problems running 5 platforms at once.

tools4meta - detached windows

was recomended this site tools4meta - Tools for Metatrader by a friend, it has a program called detached charts, once downloaded it allows you to detach any and multiple charts from meta and place outside meta anywhere on your screens. after using for a while now i must say this is a very nice program, it also saves the positions of each detached chart etc so you dont have to constantly move them again everytime you start meta and you can also save different positions and charts etc via profiles etc

it also assigns the time frame tabs and crosshair tabs etc to each seperate chart, which is very handy.

check it out!

YouTube - tools4meta's Channel

Reason: