Trend Catcher - page 4

Nittany1: Please add Trailing Stop to this EA!

Nittany -

I really like this EA! I am not a programmer, and don't know how to add a trailing Stop to this EA, and I think it would benefit alot if you added Trailing Stop to this...PLEASE, can you do that?

THANK YOU!!!! Great EA so far !

Looking forward to the modifications to this EA you bring us Sunday!

poopy:
It's running fine for me. I have attached a settings file that I am using for EU, GU, UJ, and EJ. Just make sure to change the magic number. If you aren't sure where to put it, it goes in your experts\presets folder. -poopy

Why should the magic number be changed, if I'm trading four different

pairs? Isn't that only for trading the same pair on multiple charts?

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Why should the magic number be changed, if I'm trading four different

pairs? Isn't that only for trading the same pair on multiple charts?

Rob

Magic number is there for the EA to not mix order for a pairs to another. If You got the same on 2 chart then the EA could close or open a order on the other pairs info.

Just put a different one for any chart that you put the EA on. Then orders wont be mix.

inzider:
Magic number is there for the EA to not mix order for a pairs to another. If You got the same on 2 chart then the EA could close or open a order on the other pairs info. Just put a different one for any chart that you put the EA on. Then orders wont be mix.

Thanks, inzider. Sounds like changing the magic number is the smart

thing to do, even with different pairs.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Thanks, inzider. Sounds like changing the magic number is the smart

thing to do, even with different pairs.

Rob

Yeah it is! Simple and usefull.

I just tough about something, like if you wanna test eur/usd on a 30min TF and 1H then you need to put a diff magic number on both. I had that trouble last week so "you" just solve my probl whit your question. Hehe!

THX!!

inzider:
Yeah it is! Simple and usefull.

I just tough about something, like if you wanna test eur/usd on a 30min TF and 1H then you need to put a diff magic number on both. I had that trouble last week so "you" just solve my probl whit your question. Hehe!

THX!!

Well, in that case, I'm glad I asked it!

I've got four pairs ready to go on M15, for Trend Catcher. I've got the

set files loaded also. Looking forward to how the EA performs. Just a

few hours and I should know.

Rob

Has anyone backtested this?

I had an idea over the weekend to augment what Trend Catcher already does. I'll add the other suggested stuff later but for now try this. I'll put this version both in this post and at the first post so it will be easy to find if you ever need it again.

This version first checks the trend using Hi-Lo then checks stochastics and then enters a trade when they agree. So conceptually its basically trend + transitional movement. Hopefully this will increase it's reliability.

Name: TC sStoch

Version: v0.50

Curreny Pair: Any

Timeframe: 15m or longer

Files:

Nittany,

Thank you for the update. Maybe forexmoments will backtest it for us since he always has something to say about every ea that is made on this forum and forexfactory lol.

Jeff

nittany1:
I had an idea over the weekend to augment what Trend Catcher already does. I'll add the other suggested stuff later but for now try this. I'll put this version both in this post and at the first post so it will be easy to find if you ever need it again.

This version first checks the trend using Hi-Lo then checks stochastics and then enters a trade when they agree. So conceptually its basically trend + transitional movement. Hopefully this will increase it's reliability.

Name: TC sStoch

Version: v0.50

Curreny Pair: Any

Timeframe: 15m or longer

Confused

So far, what I'm seeing is long trades being opened when price is in a

downtrend, and short trades being opened when price is in an uptrend.

In two hours, I've had 22 losers and 1 winner, so something is definitely

not right. Anyone else with the same experience?

Rob

Reason: