Create an Alert in script

Hello!

Is there a way to manage (create\change\delete) Alerts in Alert tab of MT5 through scripting? May be through DLL calls...

I would develop a special class for displaying \ moving alerts on a chart.  

Thank you! 

ns_k:

Hello!

Is there a way to manage (create\change\delete) Alerts in Alert tab of MT5 through scripting? May be through DLL calls...

I would develop a special class for displaying \ moving alerts on a chart.  

Thank you! 

I will try again as those who knock, for those it shall be opened

Is there a way to manage a standart alert in "alert" tab of MT5 through a script? DLL manipulation would also be okay. I know for sure with DLL functions call it is possible to apply a template to a chart in MT4 whereas it is not possible to do through standart mql4 calls, given this I suppose that with DLL calls it may be possible to handle Alert creation\changing\deletion.

If there is out there any mql5 developer could he comment on the subject?

Thank you!! 

ns_k:

I will try again as those who knock, for those it shall be opened

Is there a way to manage a standart alert in "alert" tab of MT5 through a script? DLL manipulation would also be okay. I know for sure with DLL functions call it is possible to apply a template to a chart in MT4 whereas it is not possible to do through standart mql4 calls, given this I suppose that with DLL calls it may be possible to handle Alert creation\changing\deletion.

If there is out there any mql5 developer could he comment on the subject?

Thank you!! 

I don't think there is something to do that natively with MQL5. Try with WinApi.

angevoyageur:
I don't think there is something to do that natively with MQL5. Try with WinApi.

Thank you!  and well, that sounds encouraging. I can find examples of file operations with winapi in mql4, but these are not really helpful for the subject.

I am not really experienced in winapi calls but it seems for me that they are useful for OS related calls such as writing\reading files, manage devices and system processes. How can it be helpful in creating something inside of the terminal I am just not aware of.  May be you could share a more specific codesnippet ?

ns_k:

Thank you!  and well, that sounds encouraging. I can find examples of file operations with winapi in mql4, but these are not really helpful for the subject.

I am not really experienced in winapi calls but it seems for me that they are useful for OS related calls such as writing\reading files, manage devices and system processes. How can it be helpful in creating something inside of the terminal I am just not aware of.  May be you could share a more specific codesnippet ?

:-D

I don't have anything for MT5, but I know something for MT4, it's all about playing with windows and control. Let me look.

EDIT : Ok it's here. But it's not a trivial task.

ns_k:

Okay, thank you very much. I'll give it a try.

angevoyageur:

:-D

I don't have anything for MT5, but I know something for MT4, it's all about playing with windows and control. Let me look.

EDIT : Ok it's here. But it's not a trivial task.

Please, let me ask you smth. You are moderator, right?

ns_k:
Please, let me ask you smth. You are moderator, right?
Yes ?

angevoyageur:
Yes ?

Just wondering if you work for metaquotes, I mean obviously as they support this forum there must be people from their stuff who are in charge of this duty. If so, does that mean that your private opinion can influence the developers way of thinking? :)

You see, I try to push them as much as I can do. Sorry, if it is too much of a pressure on you personally, I don't want to "attack" them :), I just imaging some pieceful talking between you and developers on the subject of "how we can do MT5 even better" and then voila you say "guys, our alarms are almost as they were 7 or more years ago. Let them be more up to date, make them be more flexable etc. Let's give traders move them on charts, for example...". 

Once again, sorry, you may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one, you know :)

Thanks!!! 

ns_k:

Just wondering if you work for metaquotes, I mean obviously as they support this forum there must be people from their stuff who are in charge of this duty. If so, does that mean that your private opinion can influence the developers way of thinking? :)

You see, I try to push them as much as I can do. Sorry, if it is too much of a pressure on you personally, I don't want to "attack" them :), I just imaging some pieceful talking between you and developers on the subject of "how we can do MT5 even better" and then voila you say "guys, our alarms are almost as they were 7 or more years ago. Let them be more up to date, make them be more flexable etc. Let's give traders move them on charts, for example...". 

Once again, sorry, you may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one, you know :)

Thanks!!! 

I am totally independant. MQ ask me to become moderator and I accepted as I find a interesting task. I am not paid by MQ neither. I understand you very well, but I don't have a privileged position to obtain something from MQ.

About Alerts tab, I also don't understand why we can't access this natively from MQL5. Maybe it is in the plan from MQ, maybe not. If I have some information about this, I share it here.

Feel free to ask any questions ;-)

Edit : Normally users who are admins work for MQ, moderators not.

angevoyageur:

I am totally independant. MQ ask me to become moderator and I accepted as I find a interesting task. I am not paid by MQ neither. I understand you very well, but I don't have a privileged position to obtain something from MQ.

About Alerts tab, I also don't understand why we can't access this natively from MQL5. Maybe it is in the plan from MQ, maybe not. If I have some information about this, I share it here.

Feel free to ask any questions ;-)

Edit : Normally users who are admins work for MQ, moderators not.

Okay, I see. Thank you! You are really a great Moderator! :)

I've submitted a request to service desk. Hope they will listen. Those of readers who think the same, please ask them to work on alert tab, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thank you everyone! 

Reason: