about slippage

What is slippage mean,can it be -? just like -3,-5, Or it must be bigger than 0?

If Bid=1.0140
the: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots(),Bid,5,Bid+SL*Point,Bid-TP*Point,tdcomment,magic,0,Red);
will be trade from 1.0135 to 1.0145, Or will be trade from 1.0140 to 1.0145?

I let slippage=0, but in the live account, It often can not be traded.
Now I want let slippage=10 in the OP_SELL, and let slippage=-10 in the OP_BUY.

dealer is supposed to honor the price that you sent him, if the price moves away by a pip or two by the time he gets your order he can't fullfil your order and it is rejected for repricing. Slippage allows fullfil your price in a certain range you specify. So slippage of 3 will allow fullfil you price plus minus 3 pips. It's up to you how much you want him to deviate from the price. 10 is pretty high. I never had a problem with 2-3 pips slippage. you can't specify slippage only one way, so make it tight. If it is rejected just resend the order.

If Bid=1.0140,Can I" OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots(),Bid+5*point,5,Bid+SL*Point,Bid-TP*Point,tdcomment,magic, 0,Red); ",let the trade range from 1.0140 to 1.0150?

Hello!

Is there difference between 3 and 5 or 4 and 2 digits broker. Do I have to multiply slippage with 10 if I have 3 or 5 digit broker?

01005379:

Hello!

Is there difference between 3 and 5 or 4 and 2 digits broker. Do I have to multiply slippage with 10 if I have 3 or 5 digit broker?

Yes

chrisbenjy:
Yes
Thank you!

01005379:
Thank you!

Go to:

My question is: Don't open a possition if slippage is higer as 3 pips.

Reason: