SIGNALS : I don't like synchronization! - page 2

At this moment signals may be executed on the opened MT4/5 which is on-line (e.g on VPS). I heard that MetaQuotes intends to create some kind of token (truthful execution), when signals be executed on the account with closed MT4/5. Probably with token no similar problems will happen.

Before subscribing to a signal one has to close existing positions and delete pending orders. Manual trading while copying trade operations leads to unsyncrhonization.

Presence of manually opened positions and orders impedes correct copying of trade signals and complicates the analysis of its result.

• Subscription implies that you fully rely on the trading strategy of a provider. Positions and pending orders created by you or by another signal are not a part of the current provider's strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated on the basis of the account balance. Positions opened on the subscriber's account manually or using another signal increase the deposit load. This may lead to inability of copying the signals due to lack of free margin or to falling under Margin Call.
  • The position management system in MetaTrader 5 allows only one position for a certain symbol at a time. In case a subscriber's account has open positions by the same symbols as the provider, copying may lead to reversal of resultant positions or significant volume changes.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Alexx:

Before subscribing to a signal one has to close existing positions and delete pending orders. Manual trading while copying trade operations leads to unsyncrhonization.

Presence of manually opened positions and orders impedes correct copying of trade signals and complicates the analysis of its result.

• Subscription implies that you fully rely on the trading strategy of a provider. Positions and pending orders created by you or by another signal are not a part of the current provider's strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated on the basis of the account balance. Positions opened on the subscriber's account manually or using another signal increase the deposit load. This may lead to inability of copying the signals due to lack of free margin or to falling under Margin Call.
  • The position management system in MetaTrader 5 allows only one position for a certain symbol at a time. In case a subscriber's account has open positions by the same symbols as the provider, copying may lead to reversal of resultant positions or significant volume changes.
Thank you Alexx for this clarification. I really don't see what it is the problem to have a dedicated account for subscribe to a signal.

Thank you for responding Alexx,

I think the question is:

if the signal is controlled by mt5 certainly is a problem!
In fact, the problem is in mt5 that balances the positions on the same symbol ...
in mt4 can be long and short of the same symbol!

ok will open dedicated accounts for the signals ...
I do not think that a user can have 10 different accounts to test 10 different signals!

I would have just dedicated a percentage of my balance and just ... if the balance is influenced by the open positions manually or by another signal is problem of users who must put attention!

the user must know the strategy and the liquidity it wants.
the user only has to put limits

if a trade is not copied (for slippage) or the PC is switched off he was able to see the test on the site! 

best regards

salab:

Thank you for responding Alexx,

I think the question is:

if the signal is controlled by mt5 certainly is a problem!
In fact, the problem is in mt5 that balances the positions on the same symbol ...
in mt4 can be long and short of the same symbol!

ok will open dedicated accounts for the signals ...
I do not think that a user can have 10 different accounts to test 10 different signals!

I would have just dedicated a percentage of my balance and just ... if the balance is influenced by the open positions manually or by another signal is problem of users who must put attention!

the user must know the strategy and the liquidity it wants.
the user only has to put limits

if a trade is not copied (for slippage) or the PC is switched off he was able to see the test on the site! 

best regards

Why not ?

angevoyageur:
Thank you Alexx for this clarification. I really don't see what it is the problem to have a dedicated account for subscribe to a signal.

Well my problem is that i dont make use of signals anymore , you just cant close open orders !

"This may lead to inability of copying the signals due to lack of free margin or to falling under Margin Call."  i dont

find this an excuse it must be possible to take signals as normal opening a position  as you did it yourself ,

no free margin no trade !

It seems a good idee at first but if it works like this i wont make use of it.

angevoyageur:

Why not ?

because I have multiple platforms installed? or more PC?

I think there is a way to interact with signal signal or signal with manual operation!

is the user must be careful to give the right weight for each signal!

the signal is exactly like an EA ...
on the same Mt4 Expert can run more? or not?

the signal is just another EA!

Reason: