Do Good Programmers Work For Themselves Only ? - page 2

lojack:

I find it interesting that when you read a published article here, written online, buy someone that appears brilliant,

a true scientist, they never return emails.

Developing a profitable EA is hard work. I think, it is impossible to buy a profitable EA, at least for normal people.
Think of this: you invest months, maybe years, until an EA is profitable and stable. Then you must run it for several months (years...) in the real market and then the work on the product is finished. Until then, you have invested years, and probably some of your own money as well. So why the fuck should you sell it for 1000 USD to some guy you meet on the internet? Who has no idea of anything? By this time, you came in contact with masses of guys like that one, driven by greed and stupidity.

However there are people, who can buy profitable EAs, but none of them can be found in this forum... "can" in terms of having enough money to buy it and know the right people.

Again: I think, it is impossible to buy a profitable EA.

Sure, maybe you get something from someone, that does fancy things like pushing your capital up to nnn% in a few days. It's not hard to do something like that (see i.e.: "the mastermind" etc. etc.) - but a few days later, you'll see how curve fitting can backfire, or how a bad programmed EA without proper error handling can burn your equity, and you'll be lucking getting out of this without losses.

Hi,

I get my share of repetitive spam wanting to sell me FANTASTIC and UNBELIVABLY profitable (at least that part is true) ForEx EA systems. If they don't let up, I eMail them back saying : 'Talk is cheap' show me the documented proof and results.' Strangely, but thankfully, after that I don't usually hear from most of them anymore.

I've definitely got burnt on a couple of commercial products:

FapTurbo: The 4 scalper pairs bring in such paltry returns that it isn't even worth bothering with them. Their 'Long Term' Euro-USD pair loses money with the default settings, which are basically a little more conservative scalper settings as well. They are all configured with the Stop Losses orders of magnitudes higher than the Take Profit levels that they have to make several dozens of profitable trades compared to making just one losing trade which more than wipes out any profits reaped. It does not have anywhere near close to this sort of accuracy and Profit/Loss ratio of trades to come out ahead with it. They tell me now that if I join their ‘Exclusive and ‘Advanced’ insider trader domain' for close to $100 CAD per month that I WILL make the profits that they bandy about. Great deal eh (for them anyway)? NOT!

MegaDroid is just a total dud: it almost NEVER trades: Duh! The only good thing that can be said about it is that at least it doesn’t lose much money. Nothing ventured . . . . . . . .

I can already do all of these things all by myself without throwing away more good money (which is currently quite scarce for me) after bad on much overhyped loser products thank you very much! Perhaps some ‘Class Action suits’ are in order? There has to be lawyers amongst us: Step up and let’s take the BIG F!#$ing hammer to the purveyors of these commercial products with their fraudulent claims and bring about some accountability (just like many of the other big time US investment institutions) to these shysters. There is more than one way to skin fat cats (< 8)

With that being said, a small portion of traders out there are constituently walking away with our money otherwise the market would collapse and be nonexistent. So it has to be possible. In the (very expensive) tutoring and mentoring course that I am taking now, the guy that coaches and is trying to teach me does not want me to use any AEs at all, but to learn to do it myself, which obviously one has to be able to (*constantly) do it manually (*which is not for me thanks) to profit from it or have a successful, proven manual trading system before it can be codified. Currently on my educational demo account, once I figure out what should be a good trade to make, if I do the exact opposite I will be doing much better than I am now with it )< 8)

However I am fairly certain that the guy teaching me IS a successful trader himself: even though he is half of my age. As he says, he is a ForEx trader first, and a teacher second.

What’s left?

Always be ready, willing and able to keep on learning and working at figuring this puzzle out and Keep on Keeping on! Personally, without getting into all of the details of ‘my story’, I am in a position where I have no other options (which makes a hole lot more sense than speculating on the commodities directly themselves: puns intended)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (8 >) Prosperous Trading (< 8)

DougRH4x

phy wrote >>

Two thoughts:

Programming for yourself is "fun". Programming for others is "work".

My experience with releasing code is that the first thing out of the user's mouth is "It should do this or that, not what it does now".

I

DxdCn:

at here. most time you can contact with those who had wrote article for codebase or for article.

and then find those who can answer those questions you concerned on this froum.

as I know, most time, people can not discrible well their need, or only can outline their feeling can not realized by code. or they think programmer can make their dream to money. but in fact, programmer only can code like a translator, but not realize dream.

You're right but one thing is also true, a professional programmer knows that and act accordingly. I mean, you cannot start programming if you haven't done an analysis of what is asked before . It's part of the job. When you want a house to be built, you just don't go and meet a mason, may be you start by talking with an architect who will be able to sort out what is your needs and wishes before building the solution. And then you will have to agree for it before the next step. It's normal that traders that never used automatic systems or people that never had something to do with programming have to be guided. Every service is a collaboration. Your experience will serve your client: When you have built some EAs you can know where the logic of a manual trader can stop to be sustainable in time. By pointing this facts out, you'll will get more and more info to built what really is wanted.

I think this first step is very important for both parties because everyone will be certain of the seriousness of the other. And if you proceed like this, there no reason your client doen't get what he really wants.

lojack wrote >>

I find it interesting that when you read a published article here, written online, buy someone that appears brilliant,

a true scientist, they never return emails.

Are the brilliant so inundated with work, that they don't have time for the little guy anymore.

If that indeed is the case, how does the "Little Guy" find a dependable EA...?

What can he do ? Does he spend all the money he has on Junk EA's, because they are the ones to offer

the Best EA since computers were invented. I must tell you friend, I respect your work, and yes,

my mind is Neuron Limited....I admit that....

But if one of you does have a heart, one that beats, please tell me how to find an EA that lasts more than a week.

Remember....Neuron Limited, I cannot write it myself....

Written with respect and admiration, for those that can, and so very frustrated by those that can't, but say they can....

I am almost embarrassed, to even post this....but I just had to get it off my chest....

From an old semi - Neuron limited man in the Philippines

Please send complaints about this post to me....I will happily read them...

lojackd@aol.com

Personally, I love programming for others so I can have multiple streams of income. I want to write inteligent EA's that preserve margin, wisely invests, an d can withstan d the test of time so you don't have to write a new EA every year. I love writting them an d I am continually getting better at it. I recently poste d my latest one on this forum for live testers to use. I am offering it to them for free in exchange for their live result reports. This is the final stage before I take it to market. I am open to talk to folks anytime. Feel free to contact me if you want.

densial wrote >>

I agree, most traders who want an EA developed for them seem to have simplified the algorithms, which I would say usually means they are heading in the wrong direction. The same base trader is attempting to do via email what we coders do in front of our compilers, try a simple strategy, change it, tweak it, add another algorithm, swap out some parameters etc.

I would be more inclined to help a struggling strategist if it where apparent they had put enough design into their system, instead of programming another MA cross over with stochastics EA.

Having said that I do understand that non-coding traders can have a lot more problems defining a system than coding traders, if only because we understand many of the little intricate and delicate options available to us.

I re-iterate my beliefs from an earlier post on another topic, MQL developers don't need FX traders, just code the damn thing.

Let's not forget the lingo is an issue. Experience d developers have to learn the language of experience d tra ders an d experience tra ders have to figure out how to translate their desire d tra ding behaviors into soli d business decision like statements in or der for the EA developer to hit it spot on.

As an EA developer, I sometimes get frustrate d when I am aske d to write EAs where the tra der wants to buy when the market goes up an d sell when the market comes down. Such a simple statement is so insane. When they say something like when 3 uptren ding can dles form, buy, when 3 downtren ding can dles form sell. That is a severe improvement an d enhancement to be able to develope.

I try to specialize in converting manual tra de techniques into EAs, this is more fun an d e ducational for me. I learn their system an d apply it to an EA. In return they learn to be more precise on their manual tra ding because the EA proves their technique out base d on the pure logic. When if fails to take a tra de they expecte d, we fin d a new rule to apply to the system for both manual an d automate d.

I woul d buil d EAs for manual tra ders for free for the share d e ducation we both get. In a d dition, I get to keep my own version of the pro duct. We both win an d learn from it.

Dear Programmers,

Im seeking for a programmer who can write a plugin for the mt4 server of my costumer.

please write me a personal message, I will write you back and give you all information about my company.

Regards,

Fox

Reason: