After update source changed - page 2

Candles:

I do not know if my problem is related to this or not, but after copying the cand_color.mq5 example from here:https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/135 This is what I got:

The example uses the RSI.ex5 that comes with MT5 as default. Maybe I will try a reinstall of MT5 to see if that works.

Br, Candles

"Access violation" on Windows 7's Program Data, ... that's weird. What build MT5 did you use ?, the latest one is 772, so you may to compile the ,mq5 with latest build. 

I updated to build 772. Now the access violation problem is gone, but for some reason the cand_color.mq5 just will not work on my system. Can somebody test if it works for you so that I know that the problem is in my computer?

Br, Candles

Candles:

I updated to build 772. Now the access violation problem is gone, but for some reason the cand_color.mq5 just will not work on my system. Can somebody test if it works for you so that I know that the problem is in my computer?

Br, Candles

Make copy of your cand_color.mq5. Open MetaEditor and open its Data Folder (File menu > Open Data Folder) and paste your cand_color.mq5 in MQL5/Indicators folder. 

Hope that's help. 

phi.nuts:

Make copy of your cand_color.mq5. Open MetaEditor and open its Data Folder (File menu > Open Data Folder) and paste your cand_color.mq5 in MQL5/Indicators folder. 

Hope that's help. 

I was sure this would help,  but no :( Is it working for you?

EDIT: SOLVED! I had the "chart on foreground" checked!

:facepalm:

Candles:

I was sure this would help,  but no :( Is it working for you?

EDIT: SOLVED! I had the "chart on foreground" checked!

:facepalm:

... or show your chart as a line, instead of candlestick ;D

phi.nuts:
... or show your chart as a line, instead of candlestick ;D
LOL thats one way :)

phi.nuts:
Are you sure you don't have files in install directory ? Because when upgrading, AFAIK, MT will upgrade the install directory first and later will copy the MQL5 folder to user directory. That why, files in user directory overwritten by old files. But if you don't have files in install directory, then you may have to fid the location of these old files before reporting to Service Desk.

Hello Phi, 

i dit not put any files into install directory. My approach is a) click modify b) edit c) compile or save. Files are automatically opened in user folder. How should they be moved to install dir.

And, if so, why do those custom files - in install dir - overwrite newer custom files in user folder ? What should be the policy behind ? I mean every application keeps on update custom files with newest timestamp....

Do you know what i mean ? This is simply gaga 

chinaski:

Hello Phi, 

i dit not put any files into install directory. My approach is a) click modify b) edit c) compile or save. Files are automatically opened in user folder. How should they be moved to install dir.

And, if so, why do those custom files - in install dir - overwrite newer custom files in user folder ? What should be the policy behind ? I mean every application keeps on update custom files with newest timestamp....

Do you know what i mean ? This is simply gaga 

Are sure that you don't have any .mq5 files in install directory ?, coz AFAIK, when upgrading, the whole MQL5 folder (and it's contents) is just copied from install directory to user directory, and that's why it replace your files with the old ones.

The problem is not the time stamp checking, but copying the whole MQL5 folder without checking it's contents.

I already, ask this matter to Service Desk, before you post this topic, so, let's hope they fix it.

Reason: