How to create HST files form CSV or from TXT files?

Hi,

I have variable instruments data in CSV (or txt) format and I would like to see them in MT4 and analyse them as offline charts.

My understanding is that I must create HST files first and then copy them to "history" folder (please correct me if I am wrong).

BUT How to make such HST files from CSV (or TXT) ?

Peter

Rosh:
See Period Converter

Rosh. thanks.., but it was not my question...

Sorry if I asked the question in wrong way... I would try to do it in other way:

I have many instruments data in CSV format - and all are EOD (Daily) data.. So I do not need to convert daily data to other period cause I am hapyy with Daily Charts.

My Question is : HOW TO SEE CHARTS taken from data OF THESE CSV FILES?

My uderstanding is that I must first create *HST files from MY *CSV files... SO HOW TO DO IT? (OR MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY TO SEE THESE CSV FILES AS OFFLINE CHARTS IN MT4?

Peter

The Period Converter contains code to write history files, that is is the reason Rosh pointed you there.

So you need to write a script to "read" your chart data, write it into a history file (Period Converter is the example),
and then open an offline chart of that history using Menu -- File -- Open Offline.

Look in the Period Converter code to find out how to write the header to the histoyr file, then read a line from you CSV data,
reformat if if necessary, and write it into the offline history.

phy:

The Period Converter contains code to write history files, that is is the reason Rosh pointed you there.

So you need to write a script to "read" your chart data, write it into a history file (Period Converter is the example),
and then open an offline chart of that history using Menu -- File -- Open Offline.

Look in the Period Converter code to find out how to write the header to the histoyr file, then read a line from you CSV data,

phy:

Thank you Phy!

Now I have got it- at least theoretiically how to do it.. so I am happy that I am on the good way..

I see it is long way do do it for me because I am newbie, but I will try to study Periiod Period Converter and basiss of mql4.

( Everything what I am able to do now is to format data my CSV files using Excel. ... but I see it is to little to create HST files)

Thank you,

Peter

You will learn something from the effort, I'm sure...

I've used the example to do some things myself, so it is possible.

phy:

You will learn something from the effort, I'm sure...

I've used the example to do some things myself, so it is possible.

Absolutly right.

Peter

It is possible you can import directly, in the History Center, but I have no experience with this... just a thought...

Guys this is stupid!!!

MetaTrader really has to become more usable and less nerdy !!!

this for example:

https://forum.mql4.com/6960

an easy to avoid problem if you let the little "+" icons shown all the time -> usability!

It should be a basic task to import CVS Data to MetaTrader.

I dont want to write a script to do that.

One can not create new Symbols.

Dont tell me to use "load offline" - that is a dirty workaround. Nothing is shown in the history centre.

We try to earn money by trading - not by become a nerd!

A little scripting for indicators is ok, but this is stupid!

I can not search hole day long just to find a solution to IMPORT CVS. 

And I did not found it yet!!!

:(

Frustrated?
Then use a platform that meets your needs, there are many available.

Reason: