NICE IDEA for next release of MT

It just popped into my head!!!

Is it possible to include option on MT to select a directory for experts, profiles, templates etc. This way, if several copies of MT are running, there is no need to copy and recopy and constantly synchronize experts, indicators, profiles, etc. One can even run the same versions on different computers by designating a shared directory.

Cuz I am going nuts trying to run 3 copies of MT from different dealers on 2 computers.
Just trying to make MT even better than it already is :D.

Hi irusoh1,

I just want to give you idea for sollution, the final sollution I can't becouse I don't know if you are sinchronising data.
You can have one MT instance for analising and that one to writte always new files and the number how many other instances of MT will use files (that number of copies with adding example some 'id' in shared directory, to not have problems with accesing opened files. You can save them with names of server time in seconds (integer)+'id', example. For faster searching then search how many seconds you want back the files - only the identifier MT instance will have access to one type of files (+'id' the example). Of course delete (older than a period) them after period you specify (kernel32).

This is just an idea.

here's how I got around this problem - I installed perforce on my desktop computer (in case you dont know - perforce is a code version/revision control system). It comes with a free license (up to 5 users). You can use rcs, cvs, or any other code versioning system of your choice.

I created workspaces for each of my MT4 software directories. When I edit or create a new expert I select a particular dealer MT4 instance I want to develop it in (doesn't really matter which one, just pick one of the ones you use), I check it out of perforce, when I am done - I check it in and then synchronize the workspaces of the remaining MT4 platforms.

Inside Indicator's file, can
use functions like:
SendOrder(....)
SelectOrder(...)
CloseOrder(...)

irusoh1, your idea is great. But i don't know when this idea will be implemented

DxdCn wrote:

use functions like:
SendOrder(....)
SelectOrder(...)
CloseOrder(...)
No, this is impossible. Indicators must be calculated very fast, because they are launched in the interface thread

4x4ever wrote:
here's how I got around this problem - I installed perforce on my desktop computer (in case you dont know - perforce is a code version/revision control system). It comes with a free license (up to 5 users). You can use rcs, cvs, or any other code versioning system of your choice.

I created workspaces for each of my MT4 software directories. When I edit or create a new expert I select a particular dealer MT4 instance I want to develop it in (doesn't really matter which one, just pick one of the ones you use), I check it out of perforce, when I am done - I check it in and then synchronize the workspaces of the remaining MT4 platforms.

4x4, you sound like a serious developer. I will definitely check it out.

stringo wrote:

irusoh1, your idea is great. But i don't know when this idea will be implemented

stringo, I know it's ingenius. I am a programmer myself, and it came to me when I decided to copy one rather comlex profile subdir from one 'profile' dir to another, and IT WORKED!!! EURIKA.
I am not sure what issues might be there. Just add working directory or master directory to options, where one will find profiles, templates, experts subdirs.
If any of them are not there then use native subdirs. Something like that.
Looking forward to it.

stringo:
DxdCn wrote:

use functions like:
SendOrder(....)
SelectOrder(...)
CloseOrder(...)
No, this is impossible. Indicators must be calculated very fast, because they are launched in the interface thread

use functions ....
you can transfer them to some message and processes them in other thread.
It it Mt's threads design not good , so for some complexed indicators, the display refreashs very slowly.
Order need send to server to process, I unstand them can not be peocessed in interface thread.

Please reference the deaign of wealthlab

In fact, Indicators do not need be calculated very fast, since prices are one point per one or more minutes.
It is reasonable to place all calculation in other thread. only nees some  calculation-finished-tag to indicate interface thread to refreash window.

About what version WealthLab there is a speech. Whether these gaugings of speed are known to you?
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/47959
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/48774

Rosh:
About what version WealthLab there is a speech. Whether these gaugings of speed are known to you?
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/47959
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/48774

I do not said WealthLab is good and speed!
In my point, Do not need hight speed except supply graph based on prices of second-level, I only know Oanda can give price data on 5 seconds level.
In MT the smallest time period is 1 minuts (through the calculation cycle for indicator and EA is more frequent). so no need high speed for screen refreash.
If MT want arrive highest speed, shoul separate Order to a alone software.
In other word, receive any information include prices data now and past, in one software,
and Order in an another alone software or thread.
But this need special consideration for Order software to receive an as smaller as dataset for Order -decision.
Reason: