Market and products (experts) without monitoring. - page 2

Vladimir Baskakov:
Why don't you like MQ quotes?

They are broken and the history is small. You can only test on them for debugging when posting on the market, but they have nothing to do with the real market...

I have been testing long term systems since 2000-2003 on Alpari quotes (available in Alpari terminals), histdata (but they are pretty broken) and dukascopy ticks. But none of them are suitable for tick systems :(

Ivan Pochta:

They are broken and the history is small. You can only test on them for debugging when posting on the market, but they have nothing to do with the real market...

I have been testing long term systems since 2000-2003 on Alpari quotes (available in Alpari terminals), histdata (but they are pretty broken) and dukascopy ticks. But none of them are suitable for tick systems :(

In Mt5 I have been on MQ since 1997

Vladimir Baskakov:
In Mt5 I have since 1997 on MQ

I have only seen the daily bars. To be honest, I haven't looked at tick bars in MT5 at Metacquot.

Ivan Pochta:

Because the Market is in chaos. Even the initial moderation of products has already been removed. Previously, there were requirements even for screenshots (banning screenshots from third-party resources, etc.) and product descriptions, not to mention error checks. Now you can post whatever you like :( What does this have to do with it? Probably because of the wave of fakes for 2-3-5000 quid and global disappointment of people in advisors, which has resulted in significant drop in sales, hence, in MetaQuotes profits. Instead of introducing requirements for published products (monikers, etc.), they are being reduced. Both sellers and buyers are suffering. Unfortunately...

I have been approached by the Japanese, offering to put products on their marketplace counterpart. There, the main requirement: they put the product on monitoring! And only after a few months of monitoring does the product become available. This is the right approach and the monitoring is visible directly on the product page, and since the administration of the resource is responsible for the monitoring - there is no way to "slip" the left moniker! As a result, the volume of sales cannot be compared with "our" market. Top authors earn $ 100k a month, and the number of fakes is minimal.

If you can, please share the link to the Japanese resource, thank you beforehand!

Farkhat Guzairov:

If not difficult, please share the link to the Japanese resource, thanks in advance!

I sent it to you in person, but the approach there is serious, because the site itself is regulated and is aimed at traders' profits, not the volume of sales of everything in a row. Most of the systems presented here would not pass moderation there because of the risks, as there are even requirements for MoneyManagement, risk management (fix stops and no grids, pyramiding, multi-currency baskets and other "toxics"), etc. Also, all parameters should be open: no OneChartMode with closed sets, as buyers are used to and demand here, etc.

Given the capabilities of meta-quotes, it's elementary to do this, the main thing is to be willing.

Ivan Pochta:

No idea, a salesman from that site approached me. He showed me his products and offered a 50/50 deal, but hand over the sources... But that's not the point. I had nothing to do with it. Cited an example for another reason: the Japanese marketplace strictly selects products for sale, forcibly installing them to monitor. Unfortunately, this is not enough for ours.

You were offered to give some Japanese source code? And that inspires confidence in you?

Ivan Pochta:

IN MT4? Don't be ridiculous :)

You can only adequately test in MT5 from about mid-2016 on Alps tick quotes (they are the most adequate in quality). And the results still more or less correlate with real. And in MT4 how? WITH TDS2? This is another fake. Here I was doing a ticks study: the most popular TDS2 + Dukascopy quotes. They contain about 390 million ticks since 2003. on EURUSD. Alps tick history in MT5 contains the same 390 million ticks, but from 2016. How can we talk about the quality of testing after that? After 2.5 years of working first with Tickstory, and then with TDS2 there was never any correlation with real data (for tick-based systems). When I transfer tick history from МТ5 to csv, then I import it to TDS2, the amount of ticks coincides with МТ5, it seems everything should be identical, but I test it and nevertheless МТ4 shows some randomness in comparison with real. Probably 30% coincidence. I rewrite the code on MT5 and test it and it shows 80% correlation. How may I use MT4 to test such systems? And you're talking about tests without a monitor...

Not to mention users who test using opening prices of tick scalpers :(

As far as it is clear from the above. The testing is a real work on a demo account. This is not testing in the tester. This is visual presentation of how an Expert Advisor works with a deposit. You can use MT4 to test multicurrency EAs working with several symbols at a time.
Sergey Basov:

Have you been offered to give source codes to some Japanese guy? And this gives you confidence?

The man has just given an example of sifting out products. And what to give or not to give. This is the tenth question.

Konstantin Nikitin:

The man just gave an example, sifting out products. And what to give or not to give. This is the tenth issue.

This Japanese example could easily turn out to be just a collection of more or less quality EAs from naive mql5.com marketplace sellers, in order to then put their clones in the same mql5.com marketplace.

The forced monitoring of EA's trading without access to it by the seller-programmer of the EA is some kind of utopia.

Sergey Basov:

This Japanese example could easily turn out to be just a collection of more or less quality EAs from naive sellers from mql5.com Marketplace in order to put their clones in the same mql5.com Marketplace.

The forced monitoring of EA's trading without access to the EA's seller-programmer is such a utopia.

You don't need source code to be able to run a demo. And no one ever said that the seller has no access to EA's settings.

Ivan Pochta:

No idea, a salesman from that site approached me. He showed me his products and offered a 50/50 deal, but hand over the sources... But that's not the point. I had nothing to do with it. Cited an example for another reason: the Japanese marketplace strictly selects products for sale, forcibly installing them to monitor. Unfortunately, this is not enough for ours.

Heard that third party market of eh.4 programs is impossible because MQ has a monopoly on these programs. How then did these Japanese set up shop?

Reason: