Trend Signal Indicator Question - page 2

question: isn't tgat something cheating yourself if you delete early signals? y'know like looking back it is all perfect but using it as trading system gives you a huge amount of false signals... maybe you should make it "locked" - if you get a signal it stay until other way signal is coming. no 2 sell signal if there is no buy signal between them. it should give you a real idea how this indicator works in a real conditions. or you could even make a control to which signal is "The One"... maybe second, maybe third... but it counts always... if you change the past it doesn't give a thing...

just a thought....

zolero

zolero wrote:
wackena wrote:

When I reset indicator, the multiple arrows delete and newest arrown remains drawn.

Wackena

if(CB<0) return(-1); else if(CB==0) NB=Bars; else NB=BarsPerWindow();
ObjectsDeleteAll(EMPTY, OBJ_ARROW);
for(int n=0;nNB;n++)
{
BufU[n]=0.00;
BufD[n]=0.00;
}
this deletes multiple arrows

zolero, when I compile this change, error 'nNB'-variable not defined. When I put a new line "int nNB;", then warning-";"-compare expression expected (for(int n=0;nNB(here);n++)

Wackena

zolero wrote:
question: isn't tgat something cheating yourself if you delete early signals? y'know like looking back it is all perfect but using it as trading system gives you a huge amount of false signals... maybe you should make it "locked" - if you get a signal it stay until other way signal is coming. no 2 sell signal if there is no buy signal between them. it should give you a real idea how this indicator works in a real conditions. or you could even make a control to which signal is "The One"... maybe second, maybe third... but it counts always... if you change the past it doesn't give a thing...

just a thought....

zolero

zolero,

With the original code, when a new direction arrow appears, I place order when the arrow does not move after I manually reset indicator. You are correct, there are false signals. The EA I coded, based on this EA, scans back 2 bars and if signal is the same, order is placed. On H4 chart, this works very well. With the EA, this indicator is only a visible reference. I was investigating if there was a way to modify indicator to redraw arrows automatically. In hind sight, your statement has made me think that just maybe it is a good thing to see the multiple arrows as a short history reference of currrent arrow. So I thank you very much. The original code required manually reset to see current arrrow position. With your recommended code change, the manually reset is not required and as stated, the multiple current arrows may be a good idea.

Thanks again,
Wackena

wackena:
zolero:
wackena:

When I reset indicator, the multiple arrows delete and newest arrown remains drawn.

Wackena

for(int n=0;nNB;n++)
{
BufU[n]=0.00;
BufD[n]=0.00;
}

zolero, when I compile this change, error 'nNB'-variable not defined. When I put a new line "int nNB;", then warning-";"-compare expression expected (for(int n=0;nNB(here);n++)

Wackena
it is ment to be for(int n=0; n<=NB; n++)
somehow it got lost in sending process...

Actually what I thought about false signals was that if you have a signal do not let the code give you another until opposite signal is present. like.. getting buy signal is final until sell comes... it gives you idea how good this signal is... but as long as you happy with multiple signals...

let me know if this code works... yesterday evening I found that metatrader has objectsredraw() function -- you could try play with this as well... can't help you with this at the moment...

zolero

zolero wrote:
wackena wrote:
zolero wrote:
wackena wrote:

Wackena

for(int n=0;nNB;n++)
{
BufU[n]=0.00;
BufD[n]=0.00;
}

Wackena
it is ment to be for(int n=0; n<=NB; n++)
somehow it got lost in sending process...

Actually what I thought about false signals was that if you have a signal do not let the code give you another until opposite signal is present. like.. getting buy signal is final until sell comes... it gives you idea how good this signal is... but as long as you happy with multiple signals...

let me know if this code works... yesterday evening I found that metatrader has objectsredraw() function -- you could try play with this as well... can't help you with this at the moment...

zolero

zolero, thanks again, you're good at this. Now the indicator auto redraws arrows and only one arrow is visable at end of trend.

Wackena

wackena:

zolero, thanks again, you're good at this. Now the indicator auto redraws arrows and only one arrow is visable at end of trend.

Wackena

hi wackena,

can you put this lastest indicator in here?

thanks

I have a similar problem with a indicator... can someone please help me... basically the indicator is working perfectly but everytime i get a signal after starting the indicator, i will not get the second signal unless i mannually reset the indicator...

PM me your e mail so i can send you code... I can't post code here as it's work of multiple people and I do not want to upset them.

thanks in advance

Hi,

I`d like to know how I can use this signal as stoploss in order modify. then get a little more fancy and add trailing stoploss option.

Any help would be good

Thanks

Reason: