When it comes to processing of large data amounts, it is not very rational to use files. For this purpose database management systems (DBMS) have been developed. There are already some solutions written in mql4 for interacting with different DBMS'es, and now I want to share my library written in mql5.
It allows you to:
- Work with most of the popular databases using built-in ODBC and OLE DB providers
- Write data providers for specific databases to extend the functionality or increase the perfomance
- Catch exceptions and provide the error information into the calling code
The library is provided with documentation and some sample code. Hope, it will help you to make a startup.
- Copy Ado folder into MQL5\Include
- Copy AdoSuite.dll into MQL5\Libraries
- Optionally read the documentation in AdoSuite.chm
Samples: from Samples.rar
- Copy AdoSamples folder into MQL5\Scripts
- Copy adotest.mdb into MQL5\Files
- Sources.rar contains source codes for the library without styler formatting
- The library is based on ADO.NET 2.0 technology and it's required to have Misrosoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed
- Connection strings for some popular databases you can find here: http://connectionstrings.com Look for ".NET Framework data provider for OLE DB" or ".NET Framework data provider for ODBС"
- Use OLE DB instead of ODBC when it is possible
If you have any questions or suggestions, dont hesitate to tell me