Universal HTF Indicator
This utility is a universal meta-indicator that enables you to use any other indicator calculated over the higher timeframe (HTF) data. Now you may find precise entries and exits on working timeframe with no need of switching to a higher timeframe.
You no longer need to purchase HTF version of you favorite indicators.
- inp_ind_name - name of the indicator that should be calculated on the selected timeframe. You can choose from:
- the list of built-in indicators (e.g. MA for Moving Average or BANDS for Bolinger Bands)
- or input a file name of any custom indicator without *.ex5 file extension. E.g. "Jurik Moving Average" or "Downloads/donchian_channel"
- ind_tf - a timeframe that should be used for indicator calculation
- ind_params - a comma separated line of indicator parameters in the sequence they are listed in the indicator settings dialog. E.g. 20,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE for Moving average. You may keep this parameter empty to use default values. NB: you must set all the parameters in case you want to set only one or few.
- ind_shift - indicator values shift measured in the number of bars on the selected higher timeframe. It is set to 1 by default as many indicators are calculated on the PRICE_CLOSE values which are not finalized till the end of the period on the higher timeframe.
- ind_repaint_bars - number of bars that should be repainted on every price change. Some indicators you use might be repainting once, so you may consider to set the number of bars to a corresponding value.
- ind_preset - preset filename relative to MQL5\Files\HTF_presets folder. Preset file contains information about indicator styles, so you may not only see indicator values, but also colorize it as you need. Default presets can be downloaded here. By default we provide preset files only for most common indicators, so you may face issue with using your favorite indicator. In this case, don't hesitate to send me a message with your indicator attached, so I can prepare preset file for you at no cost.
- This utility is made as an indicator, but it does not show any entry/exit signals itself, it only shows the data from selected indicator calculated on a higher timeframe.
- Universal HTF indicator only works with indicators which are drawn based on buffer values. This covers most of the indicator types: lines, histograms, arrows and dots and etc. However, it will not work with indicators which draw objects (lines, rays, arrows, rectangles, etc) on the chart or show numbers only. Try demo version before you buy.
- Some indicators may shift their values to the future bars/dates (e.g. Ichimoku, Gator, etc). This "future" values are not available for Universal HTF indicator and will not be displayed.
- This version only works with indicator which are drawn in a chart window. You may need another version of Universal HTF indicator for oscillators and other indicators which are drawn in a separate window.