Индикаторы: SFX Trend Or Range Indicator

SFX Trend Or Range Indicator:

The Trend Or Range Indicator (TOR).

Author: Brian Dee - Random Trader

Hi BarrowBoy, nice code and idea !

Quite interesting to say the least. I'll see what I can create with this one. Thanks BB.

This is a great indicator
To improve the MTF is possible?

Very good idea

Is there any way to fit Variation Index into TOR idea http://codebase.mql4.com/4490

Hi BB, just to make things clear, 5-6 bars before the ranging period starts (when yellow crosses above red) a signal for a new trend is shown? Am i right?

//z

zzuegg:

Hi BB, just to make things clear, 5-6 bars before the ranging period starts (when yellow crosses above red) a signal for a new trend is shown? Am i right?

//z

intended as "5-6 bars after the ranging period starts (when yellow crosses above red) a signal for a new trend is shown"

-BB-

diostar2011.10.26 14:59edit | delete

I took a look at your indicator but I have no clue how you use it into trading, open/close trades, etc.

Im not an indicator one, but I am exploring this for the first time. In the picture it looks some clever invention there, my question is does it repaints itself or does the colour switches, etc.

If not, how best can this be profitable, if you don't mind sharing your experiences in this product device you have achieved.

diostar2011.10.26 14:59edit | delete

I took a look at your indicator but I have no clue how you use it into trading, open/close trades, etc.

Repaints no more than the underlying elements (ATR and SD)
Use it as a supporting rather than triggering, i.e. after a long trend, a new trend signal occurs in your system but TOR is fading, you might not enter, or only use minimum lot size, etc

What is TOR, ATR, SD? And what colour to look out for these?

What do you think about the possibility to create an ea with both TOR and TSI? It would be great
Причина обращения: