In MT5, Would it be necessary to have the ability to import historical data through csv files?

• 76% (31)
  • 15% (6)
  • 10% (4)
Total voters: 41

It would depend on the target goal.

Do you want to waste time (and money) fiddeling with historical data, or do you want to make money on live feeds ?

For me the answer is pretty clear and such a feature would be completly useless.

Marco vd Heijden:

It would depend on the target goal.

Do you want to waste time (and money) fiddeling with historical data, or do you want to make money on live feeds ?

For me the answer is pretty clear and such a feature would be completly useless.

It's only a poll. For me it's not essential, but I know some people who want this feature, and today it's the main reason for not to upgrade to MT5 (the other main reason was no-hedging ability, but it was changed). For me, the rest of features are much better in MT5. It's the unique reason that remains nowadays. Thanks for your opinion. Regards

At the moment, 67% of people are requiring this feature. Is it really a relevant reason for not to upgrade to MT5?. Please comment your point of view. Thanks.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
At the moment, 67% of people are requiring this feature. Is it really a relevant reason for not to upgrade to MT5?. Please comment your point of view. Thanks.
This feature is planned but we don't have up to date information about the deadline.

Alain Verleyen:
This feature is planned but we don't have up to date information about the deadline.
I know, you talked about it in another post. As far as I'm concerned, I do not see it as essential, but there are a lot of people waiting for news on it. Thank you very much for consulting the developers. Regards

Alain Verleyen:

I would be nice to have it. This is the main difference between MT4 and MT5 ... and if you are developing EA, this is very important to have good Data.

ovidiu marian:I would be nice to have it. This is the main difference between MT4 and MT5 ... and if you are developing EA, this is very important to have good Data.

For your information, this is old news as it is already possible on MT5 for some time now, through the use of Custom Symbols.

Reason: