Script to Remove Specified Indicator From Current Chart

hi all,

in mt4 there are hotkeys to load up various indicators onto the current chart using a few key presses. this is great, however, there is no way to do the same to quickly remove an indicator. i am asking if someone could please spend a few minutes to create a script to do this

the user will use metaeditor to enter the name of the specific indicator they want removed, then assign a hotkey to the remover script. indicators can then be removed with hotkeys

this would be appreciated by many down the road i'm sure. thanks in advance

grrbear:

hi all,

in mt4 there are hotkeys to load up various indicators onto the current chart using a few key presses. this is great, however, there is no way to do the same to quickly remove an indicator. i am asking if someone could please spend a few minutes to create a script to do this

the user will use metaeditor to enter the name of the specific indicator they want removed, then assign a hotkey to the remover script. indicators can then be removed with hotkeys

this would be appreciated by many down the road i'm sure. thanks in advance

perhaps i could have given a few examples. the main reason i would like to see this script made is to remove an ma alert. i searched exhaustively and out of all of the ma alerts i could find, there is not one that i would leave on a chart permanently, simply because of technical difficulties like the alarm continues to sound, unecessary screen clutter, and most annoyingly the alarm will sound whenever the time frame is changed, and i do this often(with hotkeys of course)

so i can load the ma alert up quickly with hotkeys whenever i need it, i just need to remove it in the same quick fashion when the alarm has gone off. looking at 4 pairs at a time makes even it more necessary

another example is mtf indicators. there is one called custom candles that paints a higher time frames' candles over top of the current time frames' candles, something i might want to load up occasionally but not keep on a chart

there could be many uses, and i'm sure the code would be very simple ie no more than a few lines

maybe you can create several templates and switch between them.

Marco vd Heijden:
maybe you can create several templates and switch between them.

thanks for the response, cja at forex factory was nice enough to code one

enjoy : )

Files:
Reason: