Enable/disable EA properties

Very new to MT4.

I have an EA that I am trying to backtest.

If I click on Expert Properties I see 3 tabs: Testing | Inputs | Optimization

On the Inputs tab is it possible to enable/disable certain parameters without having to go into the code and rewrite the entire EA?

Thanks for any help!

-Alex

You have to look into the code, and remove "extern" or "input" keywords from parameters that you don't want to appear. Regards

mastercharts:

Very new to MT4.

I have an EA that I am trying to backtest.

If I click on Expert Properties I see 3 tabs: Testing | Inputs | Optimization

On the Inputs tab is it possible to enable/disable certain parameters without having to go into the code and rewrite the entire EA?

Thanks for any help!

-Alex

It has meaning only if you do optimization (since only then the parameter can be changed)

But for optimization all you have to do is to check or un-check the parameter that you want or you do not want to be a subject of optimization change. No need to change anything in the code

Mladen Rakic:

It has meaning only if you do optimization (since only then the parameter can be changed)

But for optimization all you have to do is to check or un-check the parameter that you want or you do not want to be a subject of optimization change. No need to change anything in the code

OP talked about backtesting, not optimizacion. I still think, he wants that several parameters DON'T appear in inputs tab. And for it, the solution is what I said. The better thing is OP clarify his question. Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
OP talked about backtesting, not optimizacion. I still think, he wants that several parameters DON'T appear in inputs tab. And for it, the solution is what I said. The better thing is OP clarify his question. Regards.

Maybe, ... but what would be the purpose of hiding the parameters in back-testing?

I mean : "Hey I am the coder of the EA, and now I am sick of seeing the parameters in the parameters list and I am going to make them not appear - hide them from myself - in the list of parameters any more when I check the parameters". Doesn't sound logical. Even more since when hard-coded they are not available for optimization any more. Unless the purpose of it is the "oldest reason of them all" in which case "hiding" (hard-coding) the parameters is really one of the oldest games in the town

Mladen Rakic:

Maybe, ... but what would be the purpose of hiding the parameters in back-testing?

I mean : "Hey I am the coder of the EA, and now I am sick of seeing the parameters in the parameters list and I am going to make them not appear - hide them from myself - in the list of parameters any more when I check the parameters". Doesn't sound logical. Even more since when hard-coded they are not available for optimization any more. Unless the purpose of it is the "oldest reason of them all" in which case "hiding" (hard-coding) the parameters is really one of the oldest games in the town

Maybe, he didn't code the EA, and there are several parameters that he will never use. There are many people that don't like an input parameters list too large. Or maybe he wants to give a demo version to somebody without the ability to change some parameters. He will say to us the answer. Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
Maybe, he didn't code the EA, and there are several parameters that he will never use. There are many people that don't like an input parameters list too large. Or maybe he wants to give a demo version to somebody without the ability to change some parameters. He will say to us the answer. Regards.

"Give a demo" of something he did not make?

Oh well ... pointless to continue this. Good luck

Mladen Rakic:

"Give a demo" of something he did not make?

Oh well ... pointless to continue this. Good luck

Unfortunately there are people who do that. Good luck for you, too. Regards.
Reason: