I'm trying to activate a subscription to a free signal provider on my demo account. But I'm having problems.
1. In my MT4, I go on the "Signals" tab and select a signal for free to follow;
2. In the next window, I click on Subscribe for Free;
3. It brings me to the page where I have to insert my password;
4. I insert my password, but nothing happens. No error or anything else;
5. I then click on Tools -> Options -> Community. I check that all my credentials are OK;
6. I then click on Signals from the same Tools -> Options window but I see an error saying "not connected, select from the signals database".Any suggestions on how to solve the problem? I've already contacted the Service Desk but this same message was market as UNAPPROVED (why?).
Did you find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem now too
If you are trying to subscribe to free signal based on your demo account (because you can not subscribe to free signal from your real account) so - check the following steps:
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.01.31 21:12
Make sure you've followed the steps below:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the paymet method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done.