How can I test a strategy correctly in MetaTrader 5?

I'm new to Meta Trader 5 and trying to find a good EA here, but my problem is that those which I downloaded are not proven to have so good results like in their description. Do I do something wrong or are those results fake?

holhen:
I'm new to Meta Trader 5 and trying to find a good EA here, but my problem is that those which I downloaded are not proven to have so good results like in their description. Do I do something wrong or are those results fake?

Do you use the same condition as description like broker, currency pair, timeframe, leverage, etc?

Because another brokers have another properties.

If problem only occurs on a particular EA, you can contact EA's developer by pm.

I don't know, I can't see information about these in the descriptions. Some tell the currency pair and timeframes but others don't.

holhen:
I don't know, I can't see information about these in the descriptions. Some tell the currency pair and timeframes but others don't.
So I suggest you to contact the EA's developer for more details and to obtain more guidance / instructions.

You have to take into consideration that any EA released in the public domain may not be as lucrative as first though, any EA that was of any value (profit making) would be sold as opposed to free, you only have to think,what would you do with such a system that made you a small fortune, give it away?

EDIT

You could try subscribing to a contest account to get the signals produced, all of these are currently free at this link  https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/mt5/contest

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: