Newbie : Strategy Tester profit not added to balance

Hi, I am very new to MQL programming.

I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know what the blue dot on the pass column means at the Strategy Tester results page.

http://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/overview/strategy_tester/strategy_tester_results

I am trying to figure out why it says "Tester: take profit" but the profit is not added to the balance.

Thanks. 

Results - Tester - User Interface - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
The testing results are represented as a table in this tab. Information about all trade operations performed within the testing process can be...

I am not sure that I understood the question sorry ...

You mean - blue/red dots on the first column of the table?
blue is buy trade opened and red is sell one.

XBRO16:

Hi, I am very new to MQL programming.

I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know what the blue dot on the pass column means at the Strategy Tester results page.

https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/overview/strategy_tester/strategy_tester_results

I am trying to figure out why it says "Tester: take profit" but the profit is not added to the balance.

Thanks. 

blue dot is a buy order or a buy order modification. (red is a sell.) 

Nothing that I can see says "Tester: take profit"

The arrows in the pass column are orders that closed a position and caused a change in balance. the dots are orders that opened a position or just adjusted a SL so there is no change to balance until we exit the position.

XBRO16:

Take profit means that tester has closed your position at a specified take profit level. Depending from the level, this can be positive or negative amount, or zero. In any case it should be counted on the balance. Please provide a screenshot where you see that this is not the case.

Benjamin Dixon:

blue dot is a buy order or a buy order modification. (red is a sell.) 

Nothing that I can see says "Tester: take profit"

The arrows in the pass column are orders that closed a position and caused a change in balance. the dots are orders that opened a position or just adjusted a SL so there is no change to balance until we exit the position.

Thank you Benjamin! 

This statement "the dots are orders that opened a position or just adjusted a SL so there is no change to balance until we exit the position. " clarified everything.

I was thinking that the numbers posted at the far left column were the order#'s.  

• www.metatrader4.com
The testing results are represented as a table in this tab. Information about all trade operations performed within the testing process can be...

Stanislav Korotky:
Take profit means that tester has closed your position at a specified take profit level. Depending from the level, this can be positive or negative amount, or zero. In any case it should be counted on the balance. Please provide a screenshot where you see that this is not the case.

Thanks Stanislav!

I should have wrote that "Tester:take profit" was posted at the journal page.

I was a little confused at matching what was posted at the Journal page and the Result page (looking at the wrong column for order#).

Sergey Golubev:

I am not sure that I understood the question sorry ...

You mean - blue/red dots on the first column of the table?
blue is buy trade opened and red is sell one.

Thanks Sergey,

Yes I meant the blue dots on the first column of the table. 

I now understand that the first column is not the order#'s. 

Reason: