where are my EA and Files stored?

On MT4 if I create an EA I can see it using windows explorer (windows 7) in the experts folder. If my EA opens a file I can see it using windows explorer in the expert/files folder.

On MT5 I cant find either of these using windows explorer anywhere in the Meta Trader 5 - Alpari UK folder and sub folders - why cant I see them. I can see my EA in Metaeditor MQL5/experts

but cant open the MQL5/Files folder so cannot delete any files I have created. 

BigAl:

On MT4 if I create an EA I can see it using windows explorer (windows 7) in the experts folder. If my EA opens a file I can see it using windows explorer in the expert/files folder.

On MT5 I cant find either of these using windows explorer anywhere in the Meta Trader 5 - Alpari UK folder and sub folders - why cant I see them. I can see my EA in Metaeditor MQL5/experts

Hi BigAl,

1. Open MetaEditor 5 and click menu File, there you see Open, Open Data Folder, Open Common Data Folder. Your files is located in Open Data Folder, copy its address and paste it on Explorer.

2. To delete files in MetaEditor 5, open Navigator (Ctrl+ D_), right click it and select "Show All Files" - and you can delete them. 

Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileDelete
Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileDelete
  • www.mql5.com
File Functions / FileDelete - Documentation on MQL5

BigAl:

Each OS located in different location :

- Windows XP, located in C :\Program Files\Metatrader 5\MQL5\Experts

- Windows 7, located in C: \ Users \ [User Name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ MetaQuotes \ Terminal \ [Unix code *)] \ MQL5 \\Experts

- Windows 2003, located in C:\Documents and Settings\\ [User Name] \Application Data\ MetaQuotes \ Terminal \ [Unix code *)] \ MQL5\\Experts

*) Unix code like this : E6E3D0917DD641581E4779524EB3B1AA

Thanks to respondents problem solved

Good morning . Yesterday I purchased night trade ea 3 months rent subscription.  I cannot locate any file whatsoever.  I used my mobile phone to make this purchase . Could that be the problem? Please assist 

donedeal861125 #:
Good morning . Yesterday I purchased night trade ea 3 months rent subscription.  I cannot locate any file whatsoever.  I used my mobile phone to make this purchase . Could that be the problem? Please assist 

login into the mql5 website, and click your profile or avatar or user id at top right of page, and then at left side of page in list down that side, an option "Purchases".

and below that list of options is also a link describing how to attach it to your mt4/5 desktop app.

Please need your kind support.

after installation EA on any chart, Suppose I closed the MT5 terminal. Next time when Terminal relaunch again from where MT5 load the EA & place automatically on same chart.

Your kind support will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Tahir Mahmood #: Please need your kind support. after installation EA on any chart, Suppose I closed the MT5 terminal. Next time when Terminal relaunch again from where MT5 load the EA & place automatically on same chart. Your kind support will be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

The EA is loaded from the same place it was originally. The terminal knows which charts to reopen and what indicators and EA needs to be reloaded, because it saves this information in the profiles.

Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
A template is a set of chart window parameters that can be applied to other charts. The following data can be stored in a template: chart type and...
Reason: