On MT4 if I create an EA I can see it using windows explorer (windows 7) in the experts folder. If my EA opens a file I can see it using windows explorer in the expert/files folder.
On MT5 I cant find either of these using windows explorer anywhere in the Meta Trader 5 - Alpari UK folder and sub folders - why cant I see them. I can see my EA in Metaeditor MQL5/experts
but cant open the MQL5/Files folder so cannot delete any files I have created.
1. Open MetaEditor 5 and click menu File, there you see Open, Open Data Folder, Open Common Data Folder. Your files is located in Open Data Folder, copy its address and paste it on Explorer.
2. To delete files in MetaEditor 5, open Navigator (Ctrl+ D_), right click it and select "Show All Files" - and you can delete them.
Each OS located in different location :
- Windows XP, located in C :\Program Files\Metatrader 5\MQL5\Experts
- Windows 7, located in C: \ Users \ [User Name] \ AppData \ Roaming \
MetaQuotes \ Terminal \ [Unix code *)] \ MQL5 \\Experts
- Windows 2003, located in C:\Documents and Settings\\ [User Name]
\Application Data\ MetaQuotes \ Terminal \ [Unix code *)] \
*) Unix code like this : E6E3D0917DD641581E4779524EB3B1AA