Profitable EAs ??

Hello guys

Has anyone of you found EAs opening 1 trade per instrument at a time that remain profitable without intervention.

From what I have  seen the EAs that appear to achieve that ,they do so temporarily as they would employ one of the following usually

- Grid/Martingale that will die at some point

- Breakout scalper/Tick scalpers trading with stop orders and huge lots aiming for 2-3 pips each time but eventually stop performing due to slippage

- Using no stop loss or unrealistic high stop loss relative to the TP to avoid realising losses till the trades reverse in their favor. Eventually stop loss/stop out is reached at one point and the damage is done.

There are a lot of descent EAs using some good strategy but in my opinion if not managed they will be loosing at some point as the market fundamentals change and the analysis the EA used to enter the trade is no longer valid.

By managing the EAs I mean

- Avoid leaving trades open over weekend,to avoid gaps on stop loss, unless a longer term strategy is applied. Generally EAs however I believe are shorter term aiming to find occasional opportunities.

- Avoid trading after certain hours on friday.

- Avoid trading and perhaps closing trades ahead of big news

-Making regular profit withdrawals

- Reoptimising

Thank you

Michalis Phylactou:

Hello guys

Has anyone of you found EAs opening 1 trade per instrument at a time that remain profitable without intervention.

From what I have  seen the EAs that appear to achieve that ,they do so temporarily as they would employ one of the following usually

- Grid/Martingale that will die at some point

- Breakout scalper/Tick scalpers trading with stop orders and huge lots aiming for 2-3 pips each time but eventually stop performing due to slippage

- Using no stop loss or unrealistic high stop loss relative to the TP to avoid realising losses till the trades reverse in their favor. Eventually stop loss/stop out is reached at one point and the damage is done.

There are a lot of descent EAs using some good strategy but in my opinion if not managed they will be loosing at some point as the market fundamentals change and the analysis the EA used to enter the trade is no longer valid.

By managing the EAs I mean

- Avoid leaving trades open over weekend,to avoid gaps on stop loss, unless a longer term strategy is applied. Generally EAs however I believe are shorter term aiming to find occasional opportunities.

- Avoid trading after certain hours on friday.

- Avoid trading and perhaps closing trades ahead of big news

-Making regular profit withdrawals

- Reoptimising

Thank you

Seems like you seek the Holy Grail witch i really dont Think excists!

Kenneth Parling:
Seems like you seek the Holy Grail witch i really dont Think excists!

No my friend , I do not seek such a thing and I am not asking from anyone to share any EAs.

I believe that an EA which is not managed cannot remain profitable unless it falls in one of the categories I have described.

I want to hear other people's opinion if they have such EAs.

Yes they have a build in optimization mechanism that gets triggered and updates itself on a Daily, Weekly or Monthly, sometimes on a Millisecond basis depending on the used technology.

Such mechanisms usually also use filters to filter out incidental large moves that have the potential to throw off the robot by a certain degree.

Also they start with nothing, what i mean by that it is not possible to set parameters because the robot will gather them automatically for every symbol it's loaded on.

Often they are called adaptive, self adjusting, auto tuning, by running multiple tests upon initialization to determine the best symbol/settings.

Which can be based on several things but are usually the more 'high end' type of robot and certainly not as easy to get into possession as with the 'trash' types of available robots ?

Michalis,

I would say something really smart here and I would go even further in grouping EAs and divided into the ones which works  and do not work. First one is kept for small number of people "circle of trust" kind and other group is for sell. The one for sell works sometimes too but need to be optimized constantly. So if you want working EA you need to be genius programmer or  seek "presently"  working EA. Once you find it you milk its abilities constantly taking profits out and search in the same time for another one like it. 

You know better than me that on those pages are so many scumming vendors that is almost impossible to find trusted product because its taking time to prove it its legitimacy.  

Thats ll about it. 

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes they have a build in optimization mechanism that gets triggered and updates itself on a Daily, Weekly or Monthly, sometimes on a Millisecond basis depending on the used technology.

Such mechanisms usually also use filters to filter out incidental large moves that have the potential to throw off the robot by a certain degree.

Also they start with nothing, what i mean by that it is not possible to set parameters because the robot will gather them automatically for every symbol it's loaded on.

Often they are called adaptive, self adjusting, auto tuning, by running multiple tests upon initialization to determine the best symbol/settings.

Which can be based on several things but are usually the more 'high end' type of robot and certainly not as easy to get into possession as with the 'trash' types of available robots ?

OK, so mainly is the self optimisation of the EA and several other filters.
Reason: