Semi automatic - is this feasible?

Do any wizards out there know if it is possible to manually reposition stops and targets of an EA once it is in trade?

My strategy trades support and resistance on the D1 using the zigzag as previous high/low. I’m currently defining the trade criteria and manually back-testing it, in preparation to post it in the 'jobs' as either MQL4 or 5.

I am proposing to set the target at the ATR but as I have been trading this strategy manually for a number of years it would be better for me to manually reposition both the target and stop according to the market information I am reading at the time.

My concern that interfering with the EA would cause it to malfunction.

I would be most grateful if someone could let me know if this functionality needs to be written into the EA or is moving the stop and target manually something that MT4 or MT5 can handle?

Many thanks

RogH:
Do any wizards out there know if it is possible to manually reposition stops and targets of an EA once it is in trade?

My strategy trades support and resistance on the D1 using the zigzag as previous high/low. I’m currently defining the trade criteria and manually back-testing it, in preparation to post it in the 'jobs' as either MQL4 or 5.

I am proposing to set the target at the ATR but as I have been trading this strategy manually for a number of years it would be better for me to manually reposition both the target and stop according to the market information I am reading at the time.

My concern that interfering with the EA would cause it to malfunction.

I would be most grateful if someone could let me know if this functionality needs to be written into the EA or is moving the stop and target manually something that MT4 or MT5 can handle?

Many thanks

RogH, you can change stoploss and/or takeprofit anytime, i.e., they are not written in rock by human, EA or broker command, but as any system with multiple operations and/or multi-threads, you must take care to avoid conflicts, such as one manual order to increase stop loss while you have an automatic to decrease it.