How do I stop my mt4 from saving data on my C drive?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

I have a new pc with only a 119 gb c drive and a E drive with 1.8 tb. Im running 2 or more mt4s but my c drive keeps filling up quickly. Without attempting to create a partition drive as the computer builder is telling me. I decided to just install the mt4 onto my E drive but it is still saving data to my C drive. How do I stop all mt4 data from saving to my c drive and only have it save data to my E drive?

Use portable mode. Search in the forum or documentation for more information.

Alain Verleyen:
Use portable mode. Search in the forum or documentation for more information.

I just tried to do it as explained here and I get an error when i changed the target. It says its invalid and its not letting me use portable

https://mql4tradingautomation.com/change-data-folder-location-metatrader-4/

Eric Robinson:

I just tried to do it as explained here and I get an error when i changed the target. It says its invalid and its not letting me use portable

https://mql4tradingautomation.com/change-data-folder-location-metatrader-4/

Would be more useful if you describe the exact things that you've tried... because nobody here is keen on checking and commenting on an external link...

Seng Joo Thio:

Would be more useful if you describe the exact things that you've tried... because nobody here is keen on checking and commenting on an external link...

I installed my mt4 inside my 1tb e drive expecting for all data to be stored there and yet it is being stored on the c drive despite the installation on the E drive. So I tried the portable option and when I try to change the target by adding /portable.. I then get an error saying the target is invalid.. thats as far as Ive gotten..

What am i doing wrong here?

Eric Robinson:
What am i doing wrong here?

Do you already have a shortcut that contains something like this?

"E:\<folder>\terminal.exe" /portable

What is the screenshot of the error message?

yes i have the shortcut and the screen shot is the message i get when i change the target to /portable.. its say that its invalid

Eric Robinson:
yes i have the shortcut and the screen shot is the message i get when i change the target to /portable.. its say that its invalid
Perhaps you could try two things: (1) to install another copy of mt4 to the same drive, and (2) to install another mt4 from another broker to the same drive. 

Reason: