Repaint Indicator

Hello

Can any one please let me know what is the "Repaint Indicator"?

Thanks for all

Mohammad Soubra:
Hello

Can any one please let me know what is the "Repaint Indicator"?

Thanks for all

very simple thing.

let on new candle open time indicator shows Buy signal on candle 1,

so you will open Buy, but in some time indicator will show on candle 1 Sell signal...

this is only one the very simple example of  repainted indicator...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Repainting Articles

Sergey Golubev, 2013.07.09 12:26

For example - there are the following indicators by categories :

- non-repainting. Most of the indicators are inside this category (most of the indicators are non-repainting). It means: if you see the signal so wait for the bar with the signal to be closed and new bar is opened. Traders are using non-repainting indicators to trade on close bar (classical way of trading for most of the traders). Some people confused 'non-repainting' with 'continuing painting'. For example, open bar is continuing paiting by itself together with value of any indicator. Close bar is not repainting by value together with non-repainting indicator.

- repainting indicators. There are many of them which were created especially for some different cases. Zigzag for example. Some of those indicators are used as the filters to filter false 'non-repainting signals' from the other indicators.

- re-calculating indicators. The values of those indicators are recalculated for n number of the bars. Indicators can be used a the filters or for technical analysis (not for direct trading).

- repainting by mistake made by coders. There are many examples of the indicators coded by coders in repainting way as the mistake (such as super signals etc).

===========

Sometimes - the people confused repainting with contrinuing painting, and trading on open bar with trading on close bar. We are having a lot of threads/articles  about programming but just few threads about how to trade in practical way with a lot of indicators in CodeBase for example :)

Oh... thanks for instant reply

Mohammad Soubra:
Oh... thanks for instant reply

to be true it's strange for you having such reach developer's  portfolio to ask this question...

Denis Sartakov:

to be true it's strange for you having such reach developer's  portfolio to ask this question...

No mate

I am not shame about asking

just the concepts are same but usually the new names are coming from time to time with different names

That you have great knowledge does not means you know all and every think

I respect your opinion
But more people will think that i am poor in information or such as

Reason: