Experts: Retrieve high impact events from ForexFactory.com and display them in your indicator or Expert Advisor

Retrieve high impact events from ForexFactory.com and display them in your indicator or Expert Advisor:

As I'm currently developing an Expert Advisor for Crude Oil and Brent, I wanted to get from ForexFactory.com the exact date and time of the 'Crude Oil Inventory' report. This report is typically issued on Wednesday's at 10:30am Eastern but when there's a holiday, the release date can change. As this is an important report for my EA, the only way was to check an online service to validate the release date.

Author: Claude Beaudoin

Finally!

Great post

Thanks for this valued work 

Mohammad Soubra:

Finally!

Great post

Thanks for this valued work 

Thanks Mohammad!

Thanks Claude ...

I planned to go on some project like this in the next few weeks. I know it is not easy task.  I need such feature to

add it to one of my EAs to prevent high impact news. I never make my code use WebRequest( ) function, so, I expect big difficulties are in the way.

You really saved my time.

100 x (Thanks a lot). 

Osama Shaban:

Thanks Claude ...

I planned to go on some project like this in the next few weeks. I know it is not easy task.  I need such feature to

add it to one of my EAs to prevent high impact news. I never make my code use WebRequest( ) function, so, I expect big difficulties are in the way.

You really saved my time.

100 x (Thanks a lot). 

Glad is was of value to you.  Enjoy!

Greate Code....

Hi Claude, when I drop the EA (as found here) on a chart, nothing happens. Is this normal? 

Daniel Abitbol:
Hi Claude, when I drop the EA (as found here) on a chart, nothing happens. Is this normal? 
If there are no high impact events for that day, it's normal that nothing would have been displayed.

Yes I see it the marker perfectly now. However, the marker shows well for the Eastern Canada time zone, but not for this time zone.

Being a newbie coder, I am having a real hard time trying to adapt it to my time zone.

I added (6*60*60) to each time I saw a line with "StrToTime" as per example below:

StrToTime(DailyEvents[cntr].time)+(6*60*60)

But then on the chart itself, it shows up an hour earlier due to the time zone of my broker.

I give up and I really wish that you could add these features. thanks in advance 

Please please comment on this some or everyone .. I'm a little spooked to be honest as I never thought it would actually happen , I've literally got thousands of hours of watching the charts and also I back tested my theory and system on the market and it never failed .. No trades even needed to be left in the market for longer than 2 months and that's worst worst case scenario 

I gained 8432 pips in just 3 days 
Reason: