Installing Meta Trader 5 on Windows 7 64 bit - page 3

ttauzo:

I just installed 32bit version on my 64bit windows 7 using /32 option :

mt5setup /32

Now everything works fine - I didn't manage to resolve problems with 64bit version.

Thank for the solution Tomasz, never thought of that ;D, have only 32 bit.

1. This must be, type mt5setup /32 on Run, correct ?

2. And since you're not complaining here, I assume everything (EA, CI, Script) running smoothly ?, how about .dll calls ? 

phi.nuts:

Thank for the solution Tomasz, never thought of that ;D, have only 32 bit.

1. This must be, type mt5setup /32 on Run, correct ?

2. And since you're not complaining here, I assume everything (EA, CI, Script) running smoothly ?, how about .dll calls ? 

Yes that fixed my problem, thank you guys, I cant believe how simple the solution is.

Ok, I understood that the problem was in 64 bit windows version as I say in the last post but I didn't think to install the .exe with the /32 option.

For now this is the solution

Bye 

Hi,

I use windows, I click things, are you saying I need to open a command line and type mt5setup /32  I don't see a place after I double click on the icon to make it

install the 32 bit version.  If it is not a 64 bit program, and/or if 64 bit doesn't work, why do they make the 64 bit installer.  Please tell me where you are typing

this mt5setup /32... I don't get it, when I buy windows 8 do I need to buy the 32 bit version or the 64 bit version.  I typed in mt5setup as you suggested and it

says mt5setup is not recognized.  Is there a customer support somewhere ?

Hi tubal,

You have to open a dos prompt,you can find it on start==>programs==>accessories... Then in the dos prompt you have to move in the directory where you have the file mt5setup and run the following comand:

mt5setup /32

Then the mt5 setup open and you continue with a normail installation

For now this is the only workaround for installing mt5 on a windows 64bit platform

Bye

tubal:

Hi,

I use windows, I click things, are you saying I need to open a command line and type mt5setup /32  I don't see a place after I double click on the icon to make it

install the 32 bit version.  If it is not a 64 bit program, and/or if 64 bit doesn't work, why do they make the 64 bit installer.  Please tell me where you are typing

this mt5setup /32... I don't get it, when I buy windows 8 do I need to buy the 32 bit version or the 64 bit version.  I typed in mt5setup as you suggested and it

says mt5setup is not recognized.  Is there a customer support somewhere ?

Press Windows logo  key and R key at the same time, to make Run window to appear. Browse to where your mt5 executable setup is located and click it. Add "/32" to the end of line, with or without double quotes, and click OK or press enter.

MT5 64 run well in Windows 7/64 bit. It just that there are few users who has problem running MT5 64 in Windows 7/64.

Reason: