Expert Advisors: Ask Bid Ticks - page 2

RaptorUK:
Yes you can . . .  you can count the ticks as you see them for the current bar and check the value of the tick volume for the current bar,  when your count and the tick volume don't match then you have missed one or more ticks . . . 

only for a computer, a standard value? my computer's running frequency will be different from one other. so every computer's handling time may be different.

in stochastic point, for one interval you can get zero missing and one other you get multiple missing, it is a dynamic system it would be frustrating to work on that to get an average value, I cant calculate it, not me, I really mean it...

But it is a good idea I admit it. I could't think of that. I will try it someday

and I promise, I add a phrase to description which states there may be missing ticks :)

erdogenes:

The best way to get periodic data (according to me) is to use MT4 history, u can download and export (to excel) the historic data. but if u want a reedit of this code for periodic data, I think this will work for u:

if u wish csv export, u can use the file functions and variables as in the main code 

Thank you 

erdogenes:

only for a computer, a standard value? my computer's running frequency will be different from one other. so every computer's handling time may be different.

in stochastic point, for one interval you can get zero missing and one other you get multiple missing, it is a dynamic system it would be frustrating to work on that to get an average value, I cant calculate it, not me, I really mean it...

But it is a good idea I admit it. I could't think of that. I will try it someday

and I promise, I add a phrase to description which states there may be missing ticks :)

It also depends on the Broker,  there can be a huge difference in the number of ticks from Broker to Broker,  if there are more ticks you will miss more of them . . .  

would you please write the same function code for MT4?

AAASSS111:
would you please write the same function code for MT4?

hey,

sorry for late response.. it is compatible with mql4 you can just change the ".mq5" extension as ".mq4" and copy it into data_foder/MQL4/Experts folder. to reach data folder u can use file menu in terminal

sir,

its possible to add third party Ticks  csv files can import MT5 Terminal for custom Symbols  

via EA

Attached

Excellent code that has stood the test of time.
Reason: