Download MetaTrader 5

Closing a position

To add comments, please log in or register
Stephen Njuki
Stephen Njuki  
How does one close a position under the new hedging system via an MqlTradeRequest?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
STEPHEN NJUKI:
How does one close a position under the new hedging system via an MqlTradeRequest?
When modifying or closing a position in the hedging system, make sure to specify its ticket (MqlTradeRequest::ticket). You can specify a ticket in the netting system as well, however positions are identified by a symbol name.
MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system
MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
In order to expand possibilities of retail Forex traders, we have added the second accounting system — hedging. Now, it is possible to have multiple positions per symbol, including oppositely directed ones. This paves the way to implementing trading strategies based on the so-called "locking" — if the price moves against a trader, they can open a position in the opposite direction.
Stephen Njuki
Stephen Njuki  
Alain Verleyen:
When modifying or closing a position in the hedging system, make sure to specify its ticket (MqlTradeRequest::ticket). You can specify a ticket in the netting system as well, however positions are identified by a symbol name.

Hi

I had seen the article which is why I tried the code below. However I get the error invalid request. Already contacted service desk and they are yet to revert.

for(int i=0;i<PositionsTotal();i++)
        {
            if(PositionSelect(PositionGetSymbol(i)))
              {
                  if(PositionGetSymbol(i)==SymbolName)
                    {
                        if(SymbolInfoTick(SymbolName,__tick))
                           {

float _bid=(float)__tick.bid,_ask=(float)__tick.ask;

long _position_ticket = PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TICKET);

__request.symbol = PositionGetSymbol(i);
                              __request.action = TRADE_ACTION_CLOSE_BY;
                              __request.position = _position_ticket;

__request.type_filling = ORDER_FILLING_FOK;
                              __request.type_time = ORDER_TIME_GTC;
                              __request.magic = MagicNumber;

if(OrderCheck(__request,__check)){
                                 if(!OrderSend(__request,__result)){
                                    _close_error=GetLastError();
                                    printf(__FUNCTION__+" RESULT ON "+SymbolName+" "+EnumToString((ENUM_POSITION_TYPE)PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE))+" could not be closed "+
                                          ", WITH ask: "+DoubleToString(_ask)+", bid: "+DoubleToString(_bid)+
                                          " err # "+IntegerToString(_close_error)+" returned code: "+IntegerToString(__result.retcode)+", broker comments: "+__result.comment);
                                    return(_close_error);}
                                 else{
                                    if(_close_error!=0&&(__result.retcode!=TRADE_RETCODE_PLACED||__result.retcode!=TRADE_RETCODE_DONE)){
                                       printf(__FUNCTION__+" "+SymbolName+" "+EnumToString((ENUM_POSITION_TYPE)PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE))+"  may not be closed "+
                                          " err # "+IntegerToString(_close_error)+" returned code: "+IntegerToString(__result.retcode)+", broker comments: "+__result.comment);}}}
                                 else{
                                    printf(__FUNCTION__+" CHECK ON "+SymbolName+" "+EnumToString((ENUM_POSITION_TYPE)PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE))+" could not be closed "+
                                             " err # "+IntegerToString(_close_error)+" returned code: "+IntegerToString(__check.retcode)+", broker comments: "+__check.comment);
                                    return(_close_error); }

}

}
              }
        }
Stephen Njuki
Stephen Njuki  
You edited your original answer to my question so my comment and code no longer follow what you had written...
Stephen Njuki
Stephen Njuki  
According to this  position is a ticket.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
STEPHEN NJUKI:
You edited your original answer to my question so my comment and code no longer follow what you had written...
Who are you talking to ?
Stephen Njuki
Stephen Njuki  
Alain Verleyen:
Who are you talking to ?
Sorry, there was only one respondent here. 
Any way no worries service desk said they will revert.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
STEPHEN NJUKI:
Sorry, there was only one respondent here. 
Any way no worries service desk said they will revert.
I don't know what you are talking about, I didn't change anything.
Stephen Njuki
Stephen Njuki  
Then I guess I had not properly read your earlier reply. Sorry
To add comments, please log in or register