Terminal64.exe - entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32.dll - message after MT5 live update

Hello

I recently updated the terminal through the live update for MT5.

The terminal I initially downloaded from Alpari.

I got the message "Terminal64.exe - entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32.dll - message after MT5 live update "

I fully uninstalled (deleted all files)  and reinstalled outside the program files folder direct to C: drive.  I change security and access on the folder.

Has anyone come across this after updating the terminal through the update??

Please help. 

Can you please create a ticket in the Service Desk (the tab on the left in your Profile), giving more details about your system configuration?

I have solved this problem now. 

It was Zone Alarm that didn't like the update, did not find a way to allow it to run the platform so have deleted ZoneAlarm. 

I am having the same problems with the dl from metaqoutes
And alpari, I find the ole32.dll in my system32 folder.

I tried both workarounds above but still get the same error.

tubal:
I am having the same problems with the dl from metaqoutes
And alpari, I find the ole32.dll in my system32 folder.

I tried both workarounds above but still get the same error.
Please see here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8519
Installing Meta Trader 5 on Windows 7 64 bit
  • www.mql5.com
"The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32.

Donaldson1984:

I have solved this problem now. 

It was Zone Alarm that didn't like the update, did not find a way to allow it to run the platform so have deleted ZoneAlarm. 

I just wanted to thank you all especially Donaldson1984.

I had a similar problem with gdi32.dll & it took a very long time to solve it. To help others who may encounter such an error I put a brief description of the story down below:

I had MT4 installed on my windows 7 x64 & it was working perfectly. To use more advanced features of MT5 I downloaded the online installer & ran it. While the installation was about to finish, it raised this error message:

=======================================

terminal64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

=======================================

I disabled my security software (ZoneAlarm) as mentioned by Donaldson1984 but it didn't help.

I tried all the solutions described in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8519 (Thanks to Achmad Hidayat) and non of them worked. But It was very beneficial to have some clues about the problem.

Moreover, I downloaded & installed latest updates of Windows 7 & again no success (But I read in some other forums that it helped some ppl).

Finally I was about to believe that my system in infected by some malware which my current security program (ZoneAlarm) can not detect so I should install a new one. But all of sudden when I uninstalled ZoneAlarm in order to install the new security software, the problem fixed & MT5 started without any problem. So if you are overwhelmed like me & checked everything, try uninstalling your security software.

I hope this my help someone.

• www.mql5.com
I am trying to run Meta Trader 5 on my 64bit Windows 7 Laptop and after installing I am getting a DLL error any ideas how I can fix this...

hi Mine quite different error.
tried installing 4-5 times but still the issue is same

Unable to open Meta Editor

Donaldson1984:

Hello

I recently updated the terminal through the live update for MT5.

The terminal I initially downloaded from Alpari.

I got the message "Terminal64.exe - entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32.dll - message after MT5 live update "

I fully uninstalled (deleted all files)  and reinstalled outside the program files folder direct to C: drive.  I change security and access on the folder.

Has anyone come across this after updating the terminal through the update??

Please help. 

Hi Donaldson

I have same problem with terminal64.exe this morning on my system that worked perfectly well yesternight.

I tried searching for ZoneAlarm through my root directory but couldn't find.

I need help please 

Kanye #:

Hi Donaldson

I have same problem with terminal64.exe this morning on my system that worked perfectly well yesternight.

I tried searching for ZoneAlarm through my root directory but couldn't find.

I need help please 

Hello sir. Hope u r well. I have the same problem here. Am wondering if u solved your problem and if so, how?

Am running windows 7 64bit. The program was working fine until it update automatically to MT5 version 3800.

@Henry_Freddie #: Hello sir. Hope u r well. I have the same problem here. Am wondering if u solved your problem and if so, how? Am running windows 7 64bit. The program was working fine until it update automatically to MT5 version 3800.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL5 Community Login in Went Missing

Sergey T, 2023.06.12 12:00

Please update Windows 7 with all available updates:

Latest available cumulative update for Windows 7 KB4534310.

Knowledge base article and update link: Before installing KB4534310 for the required version of Windows, set:
Servicing stack update KB4490628 KB article and update link: SHA-2 update B4474419
Knowledge base article and update link:    
2. For the full operation of the terminal in Windows, you will need Internet Explorer 11. You can still install it using the links:

IE11 for Windows 7 x64:
     https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41628
     IE11 for Windows Windows 7 x86
     https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40907

3. If Windows 7 is installed in a virtual machine, you can add kb2533623, kb2670838, kb2729094, kb2731771, kb2786081, kb2834140, kb2882822, kb2888049 for guest services to work.

Henry_Freddie #: Hope u r well
“u” and “r” are not English words. This is an international English forum; post in English on this part of the forums.

Please don't write ur - it's “you are” or "your" - MQL4 programming forum (2014)

Reason: