Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Does your signal already have a lot of of subscribers? It's time to think about the paid subscription!
Ernie Gunning
Ernie Gunning 2013.01.19 09:39 
Hi All I need to start the strategy tester in dos? I need to keep my strats running while I'm at work...I don't see dos parameters available for the terminal64.exe
Alexey
Admin
Alexey 2013.01.21 08:30  

If under 'dos' you mean command line, then this help section will be useful for you: Command Line
phi nuts
phi nuts 2013.01.21 13:10  
Alexx:

If under 'dos' you mean command line, then this help section will be useful for you: Command Line

Do you want :

[a]. Strategy Tester to run on the background or [b]. when current testing finished, to start another testing with same EA with different setting, or [c]. when current testing finished, start another testing with different EA ? 

Ernie Gunning
Ernie Gunning 2013.01.21 15:29  
phi.nuts:

Do you want :

[a]. Strategy Tester to run on the background or [b]. when current testing finished, to start another testing with same EA with different setting, or [c]. when current testing finished, start another testing with different EA ? 

Hi phi.nuts,

I want b and c. I need to keep my machine busy when it is done. SO when a particular EA H1 is done I want to maybe sart same (or diffrent) EA on M30. I want some automation in the tester... period

Sorry for being unclear. 

Ernie Gunning
Ernie Gunning 2013.01.21 15:30  
Alexx:

Thanks alex but I want to kick of the strategy tester. Hence me stating I dont see command line parameters for that?
phi nuts
phi nuts 2013.01.21 23:57  
ToolMaker:

Hi phi.nuts,

I want b and c. I need to keep my machine busy when it is done. SO when a particular EA H1 is done I want to maybe sart same (or diffrent) EA on M30. I want some automation in the tester... period

Sorry for being unclear. 

For b] use either "start" and "step" field on Strategy Tester input (click here) or use OnTester(), for c]. definitely you have to write external application for it :( 
Alexey
Admin
Alexey 2013.01.22 08:07  

The command line parameters allow starting the terminal with a custom configuration file (ex. terminal.exe /config:c:\myconfiguration.ini). And there is a part in the configuration file which allows setting test/optimization parameters for the strategy tester - [Tester].

Also there are functions in MQL5 that allow working with optimization results "on-the-fly", they might be also useful for you.

/
To add comments, please log in or register