Question

Hi All,

I have a very simple question: Can someone build an Expert Advisor that downloads Historic data and opens positions following market price, if it goes up then Buy before, if it goes down then sell before ?

In Market rules, i see this:

V. Product Testing

1. All Products offered through the Market service are subject to pre-testing and pre-moderation. Usually one week is given for Product testing, however testing can be completed sooner.

1. Products must not contain calls to any DLL, including Microsoft Windows system libraries. (This means that Metaquotes has access to the source code to check if has include system.dlls....)

Does it mean that Metaquotes has pre-access to the source code, and checks whether its a scam or true Algorithm ? 

Regards. 

Define scam and true Algorithm.

khalifa rmili:

Hi All,

I have a very simple question: Can someone build an Expert Advisor that downloads Historic data and opens positions following market price, if it goes up then Buy before, if it goes down then sell before ?

In Market rules, i see this:

V. Product Testing

1. All Products offered through the Market service are subject to pre-testing and pre-moderation. Usually one week is given for Product testing, however testing can be completed sooner.

1. Products must not contain calls to any DLL, including Microsoft Windows system libraries. (This means that Metaquotes has access to the source code to check if has include system.dlls....)

Does it mean that Metaquotes has pre-access to the source code, and checks whether its a scam or true Algorithm ? 

Regards. 

Yes, it's quite easy to fake backtest results in that way.

But the product testing is not there to verify any claims made by the seller as to the profitability of the EA (though I'm sure it would pick up the example you state IF it was still in the source code). It is simply there to make sure the EA/Indicator actually works and doesn't break any of the market rules (DLL calls, WebRequests, Demo limitations etc)

And just because it goes through "Product Testing", it doesn't mean that any screen shots you see of results are from the same product that went through MQL5 moderation. It would be impossible to police that. The only sure fire way of knowing is through a forward test

Before publish any product MQL5 moderators checks all these