Speculation

Have you experienced a case (maybe very often) when your SL is hit and the turnover happens right in this moment? Have anyone ever thought about all the information available for the brokers you are usgin and present even in the Forex social sites, like all the statistics: current open buy, sell orders, positions taken for the different currency pairs? It is not by person but the average information for the SL and TP levels for all of us (small fish) is also available for the big money individuals. Do they/can they use that information? I bet yes :)

So I am not the one convincing people not to use a SL but whenever possible to be on the computer all the time, you don't need to put it (the SL) but rather imagine and manually close and take the lost if you believe this is the right action. Same logic apply for the TPs.

You can still use SL, virtual TP.

I understand what you mean but even if your in the computer you should always have a SL think about it some news move the market so much in a second that your account can be wipeout, also lets said you loose connection to the terminal for some reason beyond your control or you loose internet connection what would happen ? maybe nothing, but regarless I think SL should always be use no matter what

Ivaylo Petkov:
I am not against your concerns and agree but maybe thinking about it and looking for a solutiuon.

Rodrigo da Silva Boa:
You can still use SL, virtual TP.
What is the virtual TP

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/13853

The principle is the same ...

Virtual Trailing Stop
Virtual Trailing Stop
  • votes: 20
  • Vladimir Khlystov
  • www.mql5.com
The virtual trailing stop can place stop loss, take profit and trail the order in a way that they are not visible to the broker.

Rodrigo da Silva Boa:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/13853

The principle is the same ...

Thank you very much, this is great.

;)

Rodrigo da Silva Boa:
;)

I just can't make it visible on the chart. This is supposed to be added as EA(run auto trading) and not Indicator?

As an EA there is no option to select colors;

As indicator, there is an option to change color but nothing will show on the chart;

Ivaylo Petkov:

I just can't make it visible on the chart. This is supposed to be added as EA(run auto trading) and not Indicator?

As an EA there is no option to select colors;

As indicator, there is an option to change color but nothing will show on the chart;

To be a stop, it has to be an EA, not an indicator. If it doesn't have an input for changing the colour, you will need to add it to the code. Just add an input parameter, then use that colour when drawing the line in the DrawHline() function

Stuart Browne:
To be a stop, it has to be an EA, not an indicator. If it doesn't have an input for changing the colour, you will need to add it to the code. Just add an input parameter, then use that colour when drawing the line in the DrawHline() function. 

I don't need to change the color so I don't want an input but just to see the spot on the chart. I see in the code there is:

DrawHline("SL Buy",TrallB,clrBlue,1);

but it is not visible in my chart

Reason: