Looking for solid documentation EA Wizard Source Code

Hello all!

Although I am an old fox in the computer programming industry, I am brand new to MT5.

I have taken a cursory look at the source code library under Include/Expert that is used to generate the EA which I create through the Wizard.  Congratulations to the group that put together that code!  Good job!

What I'm having problems with is seeing how the Wizard wires these pieces together to create the final product, and what the intended way to customize this code is.  I'm assuming that it's easier than I think, I just need to see the documentation!

Can someone please point me to documentation and examples of how this Wizard puts the pieces together?

Thank you,

CipherPips

Your assumptions might be wrong.

Please see https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) Reference - Documentation on MQL5.com

Marco vd Heijden:

Your assumptions might be wrong.

Please see https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

Thank you Marco for the quick reply.  I am aware of the Reference Docs.  Although the Reference Docs help some, this is not what I'm eluding to.  What I'm looking for is maybe more like articles or a How To Manual about how to add my own Signal like an iADXWilder so that I can include it in the Wizard.

Another example is this... Let's say I'm building a multi-signal EA and want to understand the Signal Weight parameter, or maybe want to understand if my 2% per trade margin requirement rules are being carried out if my account currency is, for instance USD, and I'm trading the EURJPY.  Do the algorithms reach out to the EURUSD exchange rate to calculate how many lots of EURJPY I can trade out of my USD account?

Further, in this environment, each programmer will work a little differently.  Therefore, examples of how to use specific code should be more elaborate - in the Reference Docs. I feel there should be many more examples that are Wizard code focused.

Still looking!

CypherPips

See if that helps.

All about MQL5 Wizard : create robots without programming.
All about MQL5 Wizard : create robots without programming.
  • www.mql5.com
What is MQL5 Wizard :The MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform includes the MQL5 Wizard, which allows to quickly generate code of an Expert Advisor (Expert Advisor builder). - - Category: general

CipherPips:

Thank you Marco for the quick reply.  I am aware of the Reference Docs.  Although the Reference Docs help some, this is not what I'm eluding to.  What I'm looking for is maybe more like articles or a How To Manual about how to add my own Signal like an iADXWilder so that I can include it in the Wizard.

It's all there.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/indicators/iadxwilder

Needs a bit of coding but this should not form any obstacle considering your background.

The wizard is more like a template generator that generates OnInit(), OnDeinit(), OnTick(), OnTimer(), OnChartEvent() and etc. code blocks where you can put your code inside.

CipherPips:

Another example is this... Let's say I'm building a multi-signal EA and want to understand the Signal Weight parameter, or maybe want to understand if my 2% per trade margin requirement rules are being carried out if my account currency is, for instance USD, and I'm trading the EURJPY.  Do the algorithms reach out to the EURUSD exchange rate to calculate how many lots of EURJPY I can trade out of my USD account?

Well you write the internal algorithms yourself, so you can make it do whatever it needs to or you want it to do.

This is the preferred approach because generated code will always be limited to so-so standard performance, it can be a starting point but why not build it from scratch to gain the most knowledge and place yourself among the pro's and on the fast track ?

CipherPips:

Further, in this environment, each programmer will work a little differently.  Therefore, examples of how to use specific code should be more elaborate - in the Reference Docs. I feel there should be many more examples that are Wizard code focused.

Most things can be done in different way's, you have to try them all to discover what works best.

By looking at code from other coders you can also discover other way's then the ones you are aware of, and by getting rid of the low quality stuff and combining the best things you find, you start to build a reliable master system that will be impossible to generate with code generators.

Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iADXWilder
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iADXWilder
  • www.mql5.com
Technical Indicators / iADXWilder - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Alain Verleyen:

See if that helps.

So ! 
Why still more users posting jobs for developers??
Reason: