indicator parameter modification from MQL5 code

Hi,

This actually might be a silly question, but anyway - how to modify parameters of an existing indicator straight from MQL5 code? In the MQL5 reference, I only see IndicatorCreate and IndicatorRelease functions

I started wondering because obviously a user can change  the indicator parameters manually in the terminal (but is it really modification of the parameters? Or is it releasing and creating the same indicator with different parameters?)

Enigma71fx:

I started wondering because obviously a user can change  the indicator parameters manually in the terminal (but is it really modification of the parameters? Or is it releasing and creating the same indicator with different parameters?)

You answered yourself. See also IndicatorParameters()

Rosh:

Dear Rosh.

Fortunately, my Google Chrome immediately translate that to English from Russian.

:D 

Rosh:

Hmm, that's strange - it seems that my terminal didn't update the MQL5 Reference, because I can only see IndicatorCreate and IndicatorRelease in the index. Unless it hasn't been described in the reference file yet (as it has been introduced with the last released terminal build). 

Nevertheless, thanks Rosh -  you're helpful as always :)

EDIT:

It has now notified me that there is a new file version, but I had to close the opened MQL5 reference file and try to reopen it first. Rosh - could MT5 terminal force closing the help files as well during terminal update?

Enigma71fx:

Hmm, that's strange - it seems that my terminal didn't update the MQ5 Reference, because I can only see IndicatorCreate and IndicatorRelease in the index. Unless it hasn't been described in the reference file yet (as it has been introduced with the last released terminal build). 

Nevertheless, thanks Rosh -  you're helpful as always :)

You're not alone, lately :)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6417#comment_210095