VPS SLOW

HI 

Anyone have a problem with FXCM on their demo VPS FXcolo.   I just can t seem to run anything off it with without it slowing right down.  I have run three or four EA s in the strategy tester and takes hours to spit out results.  Is it that I am in demo mode and not real?  I have  a fast internet connection and my other trading platforms on a stand alone all work well.  

should it take this long?

Frustrating for sure.  

Harry Jannetta:

HI 

Anyone have a problem with FXCM on their demo VPS FXcolo.   I just can t seem to run anything off it with without it slowing right down.  I have run three or four EA s in the strategy tester and takes hours to spit out results.  Is it that I am in demo mode and not real?  I have  a fast internet connection and my other trading platforms on a stand alone all work well.  

Frustrating for sure.  

Hey Harry

Do you have the specs on your VPS? They are normally very lightweight machines. They aren't normally used for backtesting due to the fact they normally have pretty low RAM and CPU.

Stu

Harry Jannetta:

Hi Stu

No sure  but will get the specs in the AM, If i can't run em on the VPS should I run them on a  stand a lone machine.  I intend to run the EAs  24 hour thats why I went this route.

I know I  know the learning curve hehehhe

Thanks

Harry  

Oh they should be fine to run as EAs on the VPS, it's just the back testing that bogs the machine down mate

Stuart Browne:
Oh they should be fine to run as EAs on the VPS, it's just the back testing that bogs the machine down mate

I found out if you use Open prices only (fastest method to analyze the bar just completed only for EAs that explicity control bar opening)  in the model of the tester works fine

I don t know if this will skew results much but only one way to find out

tks again

Harry  

Harry Jannetta:

HI 

Frustrating for sure.  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The thread about threads: what's going around the forum everywhere

Sergey Golubev, 2017.04.10 07:53

MQL5 VPS

(MQL5 is the name of this portal, and MQL5 VPS can be used for MT4 and MT5 as well).

1. How it works - the post 
  2. MQL5 VPS particularities - the post
  3. Some important information: what you should know - the post
  4. MQL5 VPS Description post
  5. Monitor the trades - post

Reason: