MT4 upgraded to 890, what is the benefit?

Within last few months mt4 upgraded several times, is there any special benefit you are getting as a forex trader

I am not sure yet. Perhaps MQL now bundle some good EAs with this build? Finally I can make some money! (Moving Average never made any money)

Matthew Todorovski:
I am not sure yet. Perhaps MQL now bundle some good EAs with this build? Finally I can make some money! (Moving Average never made any money)

Really !!! If its happen, then its a good news for me also. Hope I will get a chance to recover my past losses amount and from now will run with win win and win. 

Maybe after long time MQL giving us profitable built in EA or something special gifts.  

Ahh!! Feeling good. 

Pankaj D Costa:

Really !!! If its happen, then its a good news for me also. Hope I will get a chance to recover my past losses amount and from now will run with win win and win. 

Maybe after long time MQL giving us profitable built in EA or something special gifts.  

Ahh!! Feeling good. 

Wait the Christmas Edition, Upgrade 987, that will be full of Holy Grails. :)

Im sure they update for a reason maybe to sort a bug or introduce new stuff.

Tonny Obare:
Im sure they update for a reason maybe to sort a bug or introduce new stuff.
But whenever the upgraded the version, lot of indicators / EA faced problem, Not work properly.

Pankaj D Costa:
But whenever the upgraded the version, lot of indicators / EA faced problem, Not work properly.
Which ones ?

Alain Verleyen:
Which ones ?
I had an arbitrage EA, that is no more performing when mt4 upgraded to 840, previous time also I got same problem with my old news trading EA's. Those are not in my collection now. I forgot some indicator's name which I had used but all of them and some scripts not work anymore after mt4 upgraded after 790 (Probably) version.

Pankaj D Costa:
I had an arbitrage EA, that is no more performing when mt4 upgraded to 840, previous time also I got same problem with my old news trading EA's. Those are not in my collection now. I forgot some indicator's name which I had used but all of them and some scripts not work anymore after mt4 upgraded after 790 (Probably) version.

Most likely, the new assembly MT4 trying to reach parity with the requirements of brokers.

P.S.   It's my opinion.

Alexander Voronkov:

Most likely, the new assembly MT4 trying to reach parity with the requirements of brokers.

P.S.   It's my opinion.

I am also thinking like that. 

I was experiencing several problems after the update of mt4 to 890.

1) If I press the editor button of the terminal (in portable mode) I see for some seconds the tool box of the editor and then - nothing but:

"2015.09.27 20:06:14.299    MetaEditor not found"

in the journal tab.

2) If I now start the editor from its (/portable) folder with a shortcut (to be sure to have the /portable mode) I get ridiculous compiler errors if I compile an \MQL4\include\ .mqh-file like:

a)'[' - invalid index value    Defines.mqh    338    29  => code line: bool sortInt2Arr( int& arr[][] ) {  

b) 'WindowHandle' - function not defined    Win32FuncsAll.mqh    848    27
c) 'ERR_FILE_INVALID_HANDLE' - undeclared identifier    Win32FuncsAll.mqh    885    17

d) 'iBars' - function not defined    Defines.mqh    157    53

e) 'StringGetChar' - function not defined    Defines.mqh    604    11

f) 'iClose' - function not defined    Defines.mqh    819    19

and so on.

All this is should be well know and well defined for the mql4-compiler.

I assume that because they don't check whether it is an MQL5 or MQL4 'environment' all mqh files are compiled as if the belong to MQL5-programs.

3) I used to download web-pages with wininet.dll functions and "0" as the lpszHeaders:

int HttpRequest = InternetOpenUrlW(HttpOpen,strUrl, "0", 0, x, 0);

We had to use this "0" as mql4 doesn't 'know' NULL to used in such a way, but after the update this function wasn't working any more and I got the Windows internet-error 12150 ERROR_HTTP_HEADER_NOT_FOUND and it took me two day to find out it was that stupid thing "0" which has to be replaced by NULL:

int HttpRequest = InternetOpenUrlW(HttpOpen,strUrl, NULL, 0, x, 0);

But now all web-page calls lead into an "404 Page not Found Error" and  I still don't know why of how the various valid urls I tried were modified by the terminal.

To me it is very clear that we the clients for which the terminal is offered for free can be treated like that: Not asked, not informed, all of a sudden things were changed and parts of your code aren't working properly any more.

We don't pay so we take a risk for which we cannot make anybody responsible!

Reason: