Does anyone know a good copy tool to duplicate code to another terminal?

Hi all.

I have 5 terminals running on my pc.

When I have update/improve the code of my EA, I need to copy manually this code to the other four 4 terminals (with the windows explorer).

Is it possible to do this automatically with a copy program?

Does anybody has experience with this?

Thanks.

snelle_moda:

Hi all.

I have 5 terminals running on my pc.

When I have update/improve the code of my EA, I need to copy manually this code to the other four 4 terminals (with the windows explorer).

Is it possible to do this automatically with a copy program?

Does anybody has experience with this?

Thanks.

I have my custom MQL4 folders under the Documents. Instead of copying them, I create junctions for the custom coded MQL4/..../Ovo folders in the targeted Terminal MQL4, like this:

rem ===== create junctions ======
mklink /J Images C:\Users\Ovo\Documents\MQL4\Images
mklink /J experts\Ovo C:\Users\Ovo\Documents\MQL4\experts\Ovo
mklink /J include\Ovo C:\Users\Ovo\Documents\MQL4\include\Ovo
mklink /J indicators\Ovo C:\Users\Ovo\Documents\MQL4\indicators\Ovo
mklink /J libraries\Ovo C:\Users\Ovo\Documents\MQL4\libraries\Ovo
mklink /J scripts\Ovo C:\Users\Ovo\Documents\MQL4\scripts\Ovo

You can link any number of Terminals, but after compilation, only the current one is automatically notified. (You have to "refresh" the Navigator of other linked Terminal).

Ovo Cz:

I have my custom MQL4 folders under the Documents. Instead of copying them, I create junctions for the custom coded MQL4/..../Ovo folders in the targeted Terminal MQL4, like this:

You can link any number of Terminals, but after compilation, only the current one is automatically notified. (You have to "refresh" the Navigator of other linked Terminal).

Thanks for your reply Ovo.

These junctions looks interesting. It does what I'm looking for.

"(You have to "refresh" the Navigator of other linked Terminal)."

Do you mean, that you need to restart the other terminals when you have updated the code of the primary terminal?

snelle_moda:

Thanks for your reply Ovo.

These junctions looks interesting. It does what I'm looking for.

"(You have to "refresh" the Navigator of other linked Terminal)."

Do you mean, that you need to restart the other terminals when you have updated the code of the primary terminal?

No, you need to use Refresh in context menu of the navigator.

Alain Verleyen:
No, you need to use Refresh in context menu of the navigator.

Oke, I see it. 

Thanks

You might consider MQL cloud storage as a neat way of updating to some other terminals as well as backing up off site and tracking your updates. Gives a bit more control over which terminals will get which updates and when they get them and works across remote locations of course.

Reason: