What do you use ? - page 2

JD4:
There was no doubt about if you had a preference between the options you listed, they are just pointing out how limited the choices are in relation to what other options are actually out there.  For example, if you have 20 possible options, and by not including the others, artificially reduce the listed choices to 2 or 3 with no explanation of the limitations by way of subgroups or other methods, then that doesn't serve as an accurate response pool to the type of question you are claiming to want answers to.  It could come across as one of two ways.  Either you are uneducated on the entire list of possibilities (which they might have called stupid which might not have been the best choice of words) or else you are intentionally trying to limit the choices to serve a particular purpose, in which case, asking a poll question like this, in my opinion anyway, is stupid, because you do not want an accurate answer, and the poll is a waste of time.

My Poll is just similar to YES / NO Vote on. 

I  ask you these questions to you kind of people.

The Greece government conducted YES / NO referundum vote regarding proposed austerity measures by IMF.

Will u people call the Greece government a stupid on not conducting a yes/no vote seperately on each of the reforms proposed by IMF ?

There is NO need at all to list out all the options if they fall into some common category on which one is looking for. 

balachandran chandrasekar:

My Poll is just similar to YES / NO Vote on. 

I  ask you these questions to you kind of people.

The Greece government conducted YES / NO referundum vote regarding proposed austerity measures by IMF.

Will u people call the Greece government a stupid on not conducting a yes/no vote seperately on each of the reforms proposed by IMF ?

There is NO need at all to list out all the options if they fall into some common category on which one is looking for. 

The problem with that comparison is that it was likely made clear what particular choices each possibility fell under as far as the yes or no, being that that topic has been in discussion and was probably specifically pointed out before that yes or no vote.  You have given no similar grouping as far as what choice you think each possible (even just the well known ones) money saving method falls under.  Do you consider hedging under one of those 3 limited wording choices that Marco brought up?  You do not list hedging, which is a popular method of trading, specifically intended to limit loss by a method apparently not covered under your listed options.  Or do you consider it to fall under "Stop Order", or would it fall under "None of the Above," because that last choice, if a person isn't using one of the others, covers a LOT of missed choices, but "none of the above" implies they don't use any method, which is not likely to be the case.

As far as a government only listing limited options on a specific topic for vote, despite there actually being many others available, they have done that before, because they DO fall under that group that I listed before, not really interested in an honest answer, they want to rig it so that it seems like there is only limited choices, so no matter which one is "voted for", they can get their way one way or the other, and still make it seem like they gave the people a choice.  I m not saying that was your intent on your poll, just that it has happened that way before.

JD4:

The problem with that comparison is that it was likely made clear what particular choices each possibility fell under as far as the yes or no, being that that topic has been in discussion and was probably specifically pointed out before that yes or no vote.  You have given no similar grouping as far as what choice you think each possible (even just the well known ones) money saving method falls under.  Do you consider hedging under one of those 3 limited wording choices that Marco brought up?  You do not list hedging, which is a popular method of trading, specifically intended to limit loss by a method apparently not covered under your listed options.  Or do you consider it to fall under "Stop Order", or would it fall under "None of the Above," because that last choice, if a person isn't using one of the others, covers a LOT of missed choices, but "none of the above" implies they don't use any method, which is not likely to be the case.

As far as a government only listing limited options on a specific topic for vote, despite there actually being many others available, they have done that before, because they DO fall under that group that I listed before, not really interested in an honest answer, they want to rig it so that it seems like there is only limited choices, so no matter which one is "voted for", they can get their way one way or the other, and still make it seem like they gave the people a choice.  I m not saying that was your intent on your poll, just that it has happened that way before.

All types of hedging falls under Stop Order. Whether it is of same lot size, partial hedging,  , is does not matter for me, as those decisions are made depending on market levels and other factors.

i prefer to group that under one category stop order. According to me, sub dividing it is of no meaning, as an different situations one opt for different kinds of hedging. I dont think one will always opt for same kind of hedging all the time.

grouping all them under stoporder is the most meaningful way of getting a stat of traders how they opt to counter a losing trade. 

for me, the difference between a stop order, and a hedge is like the difference between day and night.

they do not even come close to a possible comparison.

if you want you poll to be informative you add as many cases as possible to give the highest resolution when it comes to completeness of the final picture.

for me, grouping hedging under stop order category, is meaning less.

so, it depends on your target goal i was under the impression you wanted to reveal the different methods traders use, but it seems you are more interested in black and white outcomes of your poll.

My bad for not understanding.

Marco vd Heijden:

for me, the difference between a stop order, and a hedge is like the difference between day and night.

they do not even come close to a possible comparison.

if you want you poll to be informative you add as many cases as possible to give the highest resolution when it comes to completeness of the final picture.

for me, grouping hedging under stop order category, is meaning less.

so, it depends on your target goal i was under the impression you wanted to reveal the different methods traders use, but it seems you are more interested in black and white outcomes of your poll.

My bad for not understanding.

i dont see any difference between stop order and a hedge if u place it with there is an open order. the poll is regarding that only. Not about individual stop orders without an open order in place.
Reason: